[OTAKU] Miyazaki begins production on 'Final' film in October

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[OTAKU] Miyazaki begins production on 'Final' film in October

Postby Zen » Tue May 23, 2017 10:57 am

Doing he best Brett Favre imitation, Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli have posted a job recruitment notice for animators for his "final"
film project, to begin a three year production run in October, according to . Of course, The Wind Rises was supposed to be Miazaki's "final" film as well, so we can believe in the finality of this project in the same manner that we believe in things like truth in advertising, campaign promises, and the longevity of Hollywood marriages. Sure, it COULD be his final film... He is very old after all.... Otherwise, I'll believe he is done when I see his obituary!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Re: [OTAKU] Miyazaki begins production on 'Final' film in October

Postby poorpete » Tue May 23, 2017 2:52 pm

Rappers, also known to claim retirement. Then inevitable comeback single says "you missed me?"
I'm all for a genius returning to his craft, if that's what he wants. :-)

Return to “Nerd Talk”