Chechnya

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Chechnya

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 17, 2017 1:49 pm

WTH are they doing? Why these horrifying assaults on LGBT people? Apparently it's the whole region, Russia, eastern Europe, but esp. here.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Re: Chechnya

Postby poorpete » Wed May 17, 2017 2:57 pm

It's a mix. Let me know if I get this wrong, as I'm not an expert. An oppressed and poor majority-Muslim state lorded over by Russian strongmen adhering to an authoritarian state and who have used LGBT-phobia as a skapegoat and way to cozy up to members of the Russian Orthodox church.

Leader says that there can't be ant-gay attacks or holocaust because there are no gays in their country. Horrifying.

Return to “Nerd Talk”