Harassment at Conventions

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Harassment at Conventions

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:33 pm

Been having discussions with Barb about Oddcon. She is right in telling me not to go. She would not feel safe going to the convention because she feels like no one there would take her side should someone harass her.

As much as I want to show off my game and get feedback, she is right. It is not the place to go and I am not going to support their decisions, in spite of an after the fact "We're just fans" apology about putting Frenkel in a place where he's got access to people he's treated like objects previously.

I'm not looking for discussion on this, and I won't respond further. I'm working up momentum to post publicly about not going and why.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
El Jefe
Cleric Thief
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby El Jefe » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:14 am

I was glad to see Jim C. Hines make a statement on it. Through some weird, round-about connections, he knew my older sister fairly well. When he first started publishing the goblin books in the distant past, he was nice enough to give her signed copies for me. He also sent me replacement 3rd edition D&D corebooks when he heard through my sister that I lost mine in a crazy father-induced flood at home. I had a possibly-not-legal beer with him on two occasions. Good people.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:43 am

I still feel like Caz is weirdly mad at me, and I don't know why. You know I love you, Caz. Like a brother. That I've never seen. Like Jeff.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:04 am

The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:17 pm

Return to “Nerd Talk”