People Annoy Me

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: People Annoy Me

Postby akiva » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:10 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:06 pm

Well, it takes a lot to distress me, so I'm not distressed. People are starving, enslaved, gassed, being deported away from their kids, etc. So all is well in my little world.
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:02 pm

Ok, so this is kinda a stodgy one, but it's real simple. I don't like the way a lot of people park.

I don't like non handicapped people parking in handicapped places. Even when I am driving a handicap vehicle, If I am not transporting the person, I generally park in a normal place.

But people who park at the pump when they are not getting gass, or park in such a way as to block the pump? You are the lowest of the low.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:01 am

At what point in the history of the world will people learn the rules of four-way stops? Twice on the way to work I had someone who arrived at the intersection before I did, granted, by a small margin, but by enough that it was clear they had the right of way. (In one case the other person was also to the right, which would have given them the right of way if we HAD arrived at the intersection at the same time.) In both cases, the person waved at me to go first. I realize these people are trying to be polite, but it is still frustrating that they just don't seem to understand how these things are supposed to work. We have rules that determine who gets to go next. You don't get to choose that. These are the same type of people who stop a line of traffic on a four lane road to wave a person by who wants to make a left turn onto the road from a driveway or parking lot when they are in the lane closest. They think they're doing the person turning a favor, but they haven't informed anyone in the other lanes of the fact that they have decreed that this person has the right to turn in front of them at this time, have they? NO! Are they trying to get people killed? "Here, I'll make it safe to drive past me, but the truck driving in the next lane has no clue what I'm doing! Good luck with that!"

THINK before you try to direct traffic from behind the wheel!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:15 am

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:52 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:59 pm

O. M. G. The thing people at work desire to do. No. No, no, no. That is all. I summon all my inner powers in hopes of dealing with it successfully.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:55 pm

Cheesecake Wednesdays?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:18 pm

That is such a great idea. I wish that was the idea. I just want to live in peace. Everyone just needs to chill!
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:05 am

Houseguests.

You've been here for 14 days already. Then you got "sick" and can't drive home.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS HOUSE. NOW.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:08 pm

Oooo. That sounds serious, actually. Anyone who would stay that long might not want to leave. That is really a long time without a major prior arrangement. Have you considered adopting a suspicious, tense sort of dog?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:29 pm

The #2 thing I dislike, deep down, is being blamed for shit I didn't do, especially when fantasy spun from whole cloth about the facts of the matter is involved. And the #1 thing I dislike is being blamed for complaining about being wrongly blamed, as if I am actually the one perpetrating the wrongful blaming. It's the single worst species of the "I'm mad that you're mad that I behaved badly, so it must be that you were really the one who behaved badly and I'm the innocent victim here" game. It's like watching Donald Trump talk about the news media.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Deserved apologies were rendered, thus shifting my annoyance to other people who expect me to do things, at their convenience, that I do not wish to do and if I did wish it, their convenience would be a minimal consideration, in part because they show no consideration for mine in the same situations, reversed.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon May 01, 2017 8:21 pm

And on it goes. I don't understand it. My mom was sooooo correct about all this.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon May 15, 2017 11:22 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat May 20, 2017 12:24 pm

The police are probably going to knock on my door the next time Wham! Jitterbug is played in the house at those volume levels. :flame: The entire neighborhood for a block around - judging by how well I can hear people's indoor barking dogs - doubtless is hearing this. I can't decide what part of this scenario is worse: the choice of music, the volume level, or the fact that people cannot interact with others with any level of basic human consideration until they have eaten a lunch. If you refuse to reheat your leftovers for lunch until the whole house is clean, a difficult catch-22 is generated. Breakfast is also a thing some people try. I am hiding in the basement.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun May 21, 2017 3:19 pm

One of God's rules in creating the world is that I am the only person who was born capable of cleaning up poop.

The rest of this post was removed for reasons of "might repent it later". Still pissed off though.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 24, 2017 8:10 am

Millennials and others, people who request formally that you do a thing in the business setting are not "reaching out". You don't have to thank people for "reaching out". I am not seeking your advice or therapy; I want you to fulfill your goddamn business function as promised!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 24, 2017 4:22 pm

Dead to me are people who would intentionally insult my child for a physical disability. And I mean, they might risk being dead to everyone if they do that, but at least, dead to me. That's all I can manage while staying out of prison, probably. Though I hear many crimes go unsolved. Posting about it probably isn't the way to keep it unsolved, so okay, I'll just use the Scribing of Venom here and remain peaceful as a monk otherwise.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri May 26, 2017 4:20 pm

Can we add doctors who seem to think that my daughter's chronic pain issues and strange periods where she is conscious but unable to move are caused by anxiety and intimate that they are, essentially, "All in her head"? Especially when the psychology and psychiatry professionals state that, no... those things are NOT a result of anxiety... Something else is going on and it is highly likely that the medical issues themselves are responsible for the majority of the anxiety, not the other way around! (I never thought I would start to think that psychiatrists were the only doctors who knew what the hell they are doing!)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin

Return to “Nerd Talk”