Pence

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Pence

Postby Phoebe » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:32 am

Should our VP need to become P, not ok. It's unbelievable that he knew nothing of any actions that would cause him to assume presidency. He is no innocent. He has lied for Trump already.

That said, his purity act, like all purity acts, is sexist bullshit. I wouldn't be able to do my job if the mostly-all-men I work with had that rule about no lonely contact with women. The same is VV true for my husband at his job. And frankly, given the scandals we see most often among the psychically twisty fundamentalists, better to keep him away from young men! But that aside, this is pure sexism and all the MANY men writing deep thinky-feely pieces about how it's not are full of the sexism.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Pence

Postby Zen » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:19 am

Frankly, Pence is probably scarier for the LGBTQ+ community than Trump, except for the fact that Trump is scarier for humanity as a whole... It is a hard choice. Do we throw the queer community under the bus in order to save our own asses? Probably... If it happens, I'll re-join the ACLU...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:28 am

I think for anybody in the queer community but also women. Honestly, give me the man who wants to run up and grab me in the crotch and treat me like an object, long before you give me the guy who's a complete sexist and in total denial and lying about it, pretending that God appreciates what he's doing.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:52 pm

The first question to ask is: If Trump is guilty of collusion to influence the election and he is removed from office, and yet somehow we find out that Mike Pence was not involved... WHY would we allow Pence to become president when the only reason he is in the line of succession is because he was hand-picked by the guy guilty of colluding to rig the election?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:15 pm

Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:49 pm

And to answer my own question: If Trump was found guilty of collusion and was forced to step down, the only way Pence doesn't become president is if he also chooses to step down or if the Congress sees this coming and passes legislation beforehand to alter the rules of succession in times of election-tampering. But they will not do that. Unless it's into 2019 and we have a Democrat controlled House and Senate to are really on the ball. So it won't happen. So if Trump is forced out of office, we have to face the idea of President Pence, or if Pence somehow goes at the same time... President Ryan.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:48 pm

The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:52 am

I think, so long as we can keep his sunning rock plugged in, Pence will be a malleable Lizard-In-Chief.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:29 pm

I think he is just as bad. Worse in some respects.

People are still defending his no women policy as if somehow having a traditional marriage or believing in religious values requires that you also be a sexist who breaks the law.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:16 pm

Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:02 pm

Honetly, I'm hopping that Pence is is implicated and impeaced. Then I hope Ryan chokes on his own tongue, Orrin Hatch is run over by a bus, Rex Tillerson's asshole prolapses and kills him, then Steven Mcunin dies.

That'll be perfect.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:29 pm

I hope every female member of Congress requests a one-on-one meeting with Pence.
Reel on a repeating loop
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:41 pm

Of all those guys, Pence is the most beatable. His career was dead before Trump. He has a resume of disaster and deception, and while that won't trouble his base, he's stiff enough to make yawns instead of energy. Realizing that Pardoning T won't be the poison pill it should be, I think he's still vulnerable.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:58 pm

"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:16 pm

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:02 pm

I'm still all in on Pence 2017, as he cares more about thinking through important decisions and wouldn't have Nazi advisors like the current guy. I think he'd have a difficult time rolling back many LGBT rights, as SCOTUS has declared them a protected class.

The woman thing I get, though personally I'd rather be ignored and shout about it, than groped and humiliated. I was saying on Facebook, weird that Trump and Pence treat women completely different but exactly the same: with no respect. A friend responded "like they are a non-person." That's what other men don't seem to get (and honestly I didn't so much when the news came out.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu May 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Still Pence 2017. He'd be better 100x Trump and maybe 1.5x better than Ryan.

Obviously he's trying to accomplish two opposite things since August:

1. Stay as far away from Trump as possible, who will inevitably self-destruct, and destroy those around him.
2. Make sure Trump doesn't do something truly stupid, so he won't destroy the world

I think, for better and worse, he has spent time on #2, and thus might get caught in the "was in the room when fill-in-the-blank happened" or "knew Trump was lying about fill-in-the-blank."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu May 18, 2017 1:33 pm

I agree that Pence will be miles better than Trump. Horrible, but still waaaaaay better. He at least plays by the rules. He will be predictable. And he won't do horrific damage to our foreign relations. Then we hold him and the GOP back until the 2018 elections and see what happens.

Once again though... if Trump is found to have ascended to the presidency based on illegal action--that is, if his presidency is found to be illegitimate from the get-go--then would it not be reasonable to assume that all of his appointments are equally illegitimate, since he should never have been in a position to nominate them? I think there's a solid argument to be made that if Trump committed illegal actions to reach the office of president, then Pence, DeVos, Sessions, Tillerson, Gorsuch, et al are ALSO no longer legitimate.

Although, it probably won't come to that. IF he goes down, it'll be for obstruction of justice. It'll be for actions taken after the election.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu May 18, 2017 1:48 pm

Not to mention that Pence doesn't have the cult of personality that Trump does. He won't be able to scare and bully people into bizarre crap the way Trump does. He'll be milquetoast. Not to say he won't potentially have a dangerous agenda, but he'll be easier to deal with.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Thu May 18, 2017 2:46 pm

The scary part is that Pence is more likely to be able to avoid distractions and get a very conservative agenda through congress. But, yea, at least he knows when to shut up and can maintain basic decorum in meetings.

Return to “Nerd Talk”