Kitchen Cooked

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Kitchen Cooked

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:38 pm

Mike has a HyVee - awesome. HyVee was my grocery store from middle-school on until I moved out of Galesburg. Over the past couple of years, we've gotten two HyVee's in Madison and they make me happy.

The reason I bring this up is that I have a favorite potato chip in the whole world ever. They're Kitchen Cooked, from Farmington, IL (about halfway between Galesburg and Peoria). They were the chips my parents bought from maybe third grade on and they're special, no better way to put it. Now, here in Madison, you can't just get Kitchen Cooked. We are too far away. But about three times a year, Kitchen Cooked sells a shipment to my HyVee stores. If they sell them to your HyVee, pick them up.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Re: Kitchen Cooked

Postby Bluedevyl » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:05 pm

We mostly have Wegmans' up here, which is nothing to complain about, but my favorite chip growing up was the old Deli Kettle Cooked chips... they were in a purple bag, if I remember correctly.

They were great... When I'm craving chips, I generally get the Cape Cod reduced fat kettle chips, but they don't have the nostalgia flavor that I miss.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:26 am

Was in Hy Vee this morning. Found myself looking for Kitchen Cooked chips without really thinking about it.

Not there of course.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:14 am

Surprised they have so few HyVees in Wisc since it's an Iowa centred thing, ya? Never heard of Kitchen Cooked chips but I do neeeeeeed a store bought brand of salsa to get me through the long, dark nights between trips to the makers of heaven's salsa, which is far enough away to require a significant pilgrimage.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:16 am

Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:08 pm

"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."

Return to “Nerd Talk”