Music Music Music

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Music Music Music

Postby Phoebe » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Whatevs! Indeed, whatevs! I support it. I PURGED myself of the bad music with this:

Play it loud enough for the anonymous callers, please. <3
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby akiva » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:09 pm

And the president hides
While working men rush in
And give their lives
I look to the sky
And ask it not to rain
On my family tonight

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:27 pm

Mostly purged of Drake, mostly cured of Drake, and dipping back into some nice Atlanta music:
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:52 pm

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:51 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:35 pm

Coming to appreciate more of this guy late - sometimes I really like his voice and plaintive yodels, sometimes it's grating. This particular performance is really nice. I like his matter-of-fact intro about the violence. I like how his cloudcuckooland is an echo of politicians famously using the phrase in situations kind of like the ones he's complaining about - maybe that's intentional, don't know. Also a really nice haircut, truly like the lawn mower went straight over it.

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:12 am

I used to think I was the narrator.

I may have already posted this; oh well.

Life's not been good for you
It's just not fair
I've got some news for you
Nothing is fair

I wish there was a way
To make it all better
I pray for a way
To make you happy

Cause I'm sick
And I'm tired
Of your whining, complaining
And Bitching and moaning

Boo fucking hoo

I'm not sure what it says about me that I'm in my late 40s and still listening to hardcore pretty regularly.
Reel on a repeating loop
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:22 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:23 am

or this:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:32 pm

I usually oppose this sort of thing but it was pleasing.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:45 pm

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:06 am

Been a hell of a morning. Some (maybe all of them) of these are repeats; see #1 below.

Reel on a repeating loop

#2--Has a terrible meaning for me, which has nothing to do with what the song is actually about.
I don't believe

When I'm locked in my room
I just want to scream
Now I know what they mean
Only the strong

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:06 am

I need it this morning

Reel on a repeating loop
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:37 pm

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:11 am

Tonight the windows are watching
The streets all conspire
And the lamppost can't stop crying

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:27 am

Wheeeee it's morning and they're playing this song loudly on the radio!! Yes the radio people are making me turn it up. Did I mention it's morning? Morning in America where not one goddamn story I have to tell that is dead true wouid ever be listened to by the powers-that-be! For sport I made a list of "still slightly possible that it matters": there's one guy on it, and he hit me in the face with Witnesses. That's it. That's the only person I think I could credibly say s*** about to question his character. I will never be a truly equal human being in this country as long as I live. So turn up the music!!!

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:08 am

Music as therapy?

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:11 am

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:14 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:46 pm

From repeated made-to-listens this song has finally become a constant earworm, but it's okay because now I sort of like it, and after all, it's rather cheerful and befits the current mood:

Return to “Nerd Babble”