Music Music Music

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Music Music Music

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:48 am

Hrrrrrgh, what happened to the thing I posted here earlier? OK, will find that one tomorrow. I have found you something good that I didn't know was on YouTube but that we all need in our lives:

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ronster » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:32 am

Time for some funky JuJu Magic

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:31 pm

Ok, this whole zone of music is my current obsession - basically there is a proliferation of incredible pop/dance type music from Kenya, Nigeria, and more where you will also find dance contest, dance-off, and general group dancing videos. but nothing to match what these kids are doing, though I find it strangely fascinating because the guy's belly button somehow looks like mine after having three children, a full umbilical hernia, and things NOT having fallen back into place the way they were supposed to. Anyway, the good news is I have to dance when this dancing goes on, so hopefully a muscle somewhere in this sloth form reawakens:

It's hilarious how they shoo that little guy in overalls off at the beginning but then he comes back later in the song after the more choreographed part is done and is awesome.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:42 pm

You must all be getting tired of my fanboyishness over SPG by now...
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:15 am

Yum Yum Yum Yum

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/30/62740005 ... en-part-10

I figured Rollin in the Deep would be #1, but #20 is just fine, and so happy to see wonderful songs from Monae, Solange, Alabama Shakes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and MIA, and Sharon Jones (SHARON JONES!!!) in the top 20. So happy. A lot of soul throw-backs there, btw, and not complaining at all.

Now I gotta work my way through these other songs.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:52 pm

I can't really with MIA as best song by a woman artist who came out since the 2000s, if only because... Adele! Amy Winehouse! Criminy, even Lady Gaga! Nelly Furtado, pretty sure active in 2000s. Missy Elliott started earlier, so OK, but Shakira wasn't really crossing over in English until 2000s. I have gripes. This seems very ... I don't know the word. For cool people vs. based on the raw impact of the music. Azealia Banks must have fallen off that list. I'd take either 212 or Chasing Time before MIA song heavily sampling something else and not so clever.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:58 pm

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:15 am

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:07 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:45 am

uniting two things I love
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:08 am

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

That was a 7 banana event. They did a really good job of matching particular voices to particular characters. Graceful use of the Martians as well.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:54 pm

Wtf this stuff springs up unbidden. It's actually kind of offensive! I wonder if like 30 years ago I was sitting around watching a TV special at 7 on a Friday just like this one, so that's why it comes back.

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:22 am

that has got to be the least offensive song I have ever heard regarding what goes on behind closed doors.
The singer has affection and respect for his lady, even when she lets her hair down behind closed doors. He sounds very devoted to this person and like many adults with little kids, some things need to happen behind closed doors. Maybe I just don't get it.

what I do get is how awesome this other band is:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:29 pm

I prefer your take on the song so I'm going to go with that, especially because Charlie Rich keeps on lingering around in the brains. There's a virgin/whore dynamic with a whiff of "I'd rather not acknowledge the truth or seriousness of our relationship publicly because that would embarrass me". Perhaps I am too cynical, having known many like this - mind you, none that I would have touched! Sadly I have known many a Lady who was content to be the modest lady in public, never making any demand or seeking acknowledgement of the relationship, while acquiescing to whatever behind the closed door. On my planet we demand enthusiastic yes, no judgment, and public celebration. No maybe. Anyway, your version is nicer, so I'm going with it.

I love this whole song and video! It explains everything in life. Instead of making multiple seasons of Battlestar Galactica for us to struggle through, they could have just had this video/cylons,etc:

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:42 am

Woke up with this dumb song; went to the gym, they played the dumb song right when I was in the "find your anger" phase; jumped in the car, opened the roof and all the windows, flipped on the radio, this dumb song again! That's why I'm glad I put the Science Student link in here, so I can dance instead of morosing.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:45 am

Spending the day with Aretha in my ears and soul

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:30 pm

Ohhhhh that is a good way to spend your day. Poor Aretha, I hope she isn't suffering.

Hopefully listening to yours up there will dislodge Toto/Africa, which only arrived upstairs because of that recent abomination by Weezer which is getting huge airplay here. Ughhhhh. When my kid heard it, at first she cranked it up because she likes that kind of sludge (Toto, I mean... Also Journey! Why?!), and with great effort I suppressed my facial expression totally until she said WAIT This Isn't Right! What Is This Abomination? What Is This Blasphemizing? And i was like, girl, Blasphemizing is not a word but I understand you.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:37 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:43 am

and richness to her voice! My kids all looove the new Ariana Grande song and don't seem to think she is gargling with marshmallows while one tiny note sneaks out. Even I can sing that chorus, which is to say, anyone could! It just sounds like she's belting out her state of mind because she can't muster any noise otherwise. Dumb lyrics incorporating like all the time also Suspect. Ugh! Meanwhile, you want to sing along with Lauryn Hill and any sound you make is quickly enveloped in her 4000-dimension notes. She helped destroy my problem with Drake-appreciation, thankfully. She's just too good!
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:00 am

Return to “Nerd Babble”