Music Music Music

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Music Music Music

Postby Ronster » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:32 pm

My latest musical whimsy...so easy to let yourself enjoy this.

I hope you take time to view this as well as listen.

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby akiva » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:55 pm

A somewhat peculiar mix of musicians, but a fantastic album. And I love "Caravan."

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:17 pm

Nobody ever gives Timon his due for wisdom. Pretty sure someone must have been listening to this loudly enough that my brain hurt [typo and it stays] it even though the conscious attender did not. It works just as well if sarcasm:

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:02 pm

Thanks to Pete I have Jumpin Jumpin stuck in my head and unless another soundtrack is sampled soon this spells doom for the week! It's not 11:30, Pete! It is insidious this thing.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:43 pm

Here's some Timmy:
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:40 am

I LOVE THIS SONG! One of the all time faves. Hate the video, not so much for the snakes as one might suppose, since they look manageable, but WHO DID HER EYELASHES? Who smudged her up with dirt? That person needs to find another line of work.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:51 am

Obsessed with this song, no idea what the heck he is saying, NO IDEA what is going on in the video but it does explain the otherwise mysterious proliferation of YouTube dance videos involving a small group of shirtless guys in a white towel. There is something to be said about the ghosts of capitalist "development", some dance-move echoes of Thriller, and, well, there's a lot. Or you can just keep moving the needle back to 1:50 and going again so you can bounce around while trying to work:

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:48 am

Woke up with Jhene Aiko, Sativa, and now it's stuck here for some reason. The song is so annoying because it provides a kind of soft, uninterruptive background atmosphere, which is why I might not jump to turn it off when I'm busy driving, and then it creeps into my mind. The lyrics are so phenomenally stupid though. Okay you like to smoke weed et cetera etc. Whoopie.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:16 pm

By afternoon, despite listening to no music unless you count whatever my kid is doing with that guitar, things have shifted over to Interpol. This is not a real big improvement on the lyrics because he makes no sense, but it's catchy.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:21 pm

Oh man, once you start down this Interpol slide it's never clear where you're headed. Is it just a temporary need for some jangly straightforward but melancholy guitar noises? Is it a purgative, a bench by the side of the rocky road? Or is it a drift into sludge that leads eventually to Tool and Joy Division and QOTSA and 6 weeks of Batman-movie-type DARKNESS? Dangerous when combined with the hated hot weather.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:05 pm

Google Play has the essential Bud Powell for (I think) $7.99–it’s 86 songs. I’m not sure I’ll ever listen to it all, but it’s great, and insanely cheap.
Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:09 am

A new Coltrane album!

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:28 am

Whoa!!!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:42 am

Jim Croce, I've Got A Name - I've slept like 3 hours due to the crazy circumstances of life and it sounds super loud, a booming echo of Jim Croce's soothing voice. Help me Jim, I have to keep going for another 6 hours.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:52 pm

OH MY GOD THIS HAPPENED AT LEAST MUSIC WORLD IS OK

AT LEAST PLAY THE PART AT 3:00

<3 <3 <3

:banana: :banana: :banana:

:tafkap: :tafkap: :tafkap:
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:36 pm

:cheers: :cheers: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:12 pm

More love for the Steam Powered Giraffe
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:27 pm

A little early Andrew Bird, for the evening hours. Here on the hopefully long and slow but perhaps unavoidable slide through neurodegeneration, I tried to communicate to my husband to bring my "Star Crusher" in from the car, and of course he was like, wut? But that was the only word I could come up with to describe the object, which with the hindsight of imrpoved brain functioning turned out to be a garage door opener. The malfunctions provide fascinating insight into how language is stored in the brain in the first place. I think, and I'm pretty sure this is right and not just a wild guess, it comes from many long hours spent sitting in the front seat of our old station wagon when I was a child, pushing buttons on the dash area and pretending that I was navigating the Death Star or some other Vader appropriate spaceship. And of course the garage door opener resembles a device one might need to press for Star crushing.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:41 am

Lol, a few minutes ago wrote in reply to Mike & family re: Peggy's Cove that they should take me with them, and the brain decides to offer inner musics to mock its owner, apparently preferring to test the waters of lake Minnetonka:

If I squint hard at those fall colors I can imagine Cape Breton, a process aided by the wobbling video - WTH, did someone just play this on TV and then record it?! No matter - bless that patriot's heart for trying, so we can see a glimpse of Prince when we need him.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:51 pm

Something weird happened to me over the past few weeks and I started listening to a lot of really weird music I never listen to, like post-Beatles John and Yoko albums and old Joe Cocker songs. :suspect: Also bad late 70's early 80's stuff like Toto. Well, I know where that one came from: my kid. Don't ask me why the kids like Toto but apparently they do, not just my kid.

HOL E SHIT JUST ACTUALLY LOOKED AT THE VIDEO AND YOKO IS CROCHETING BLINDFOLDED. UOwhaorut[54A[M EIPR TJoaiEHa:do :horrified:

Return to “Nerd Babble”