This Happened

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: This Happened

Postby mimekiller » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:42 pm

awwww I bet you're being way to harsh on yourself. This time of year certainly brings our our own worst critics as we face another year with being well, ourselves. The weird thing is I bet dollars to donuts that people appreciate you and your efforts way more then you actually think.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby akiva » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:08 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:48 am

Akiva, I still love you.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:56 am

Reel on a repeating loop
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:24 am

Phew... just defused the bomb in the times square crystal ball holding the Armageddon Virus, which would have caused modern industrial society to collapse and, at the cost of millions of lives, the world's ecosystems to regenerate to bronze age levels, with only 1 second left 8-)
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:48 am

In 2018 I lost a very close friend and my mother in law. But it seemed that I was making some progress in dealing with very long-standing components of my self-hatred.

Then for the last few days those components have flared up as fierce as ever. I hope it’s just a holiday thing, but it doesn’t feel like it.
Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:24 am

Last night someone emailed a bomb threat to 3 schools in the district in which I teach, including a high school about a half mile from my school. I think the threat isn't seen as a serious one because (as far as I know) no schools are on lockdown.
Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:21 pm

My strategy for today was to consume lots of caffeine.

In retrospective, I’m not sure that it was a good strategy.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:22 am

Hope your week is proceeding without threats.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:41 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:52 am

Threat or blessing, hard to say! Trump did good to cater lunch under such weather constraints. :banana:
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:52 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:57 am

His whole schtick of "billionaire for the common schlubs" was burnished in the process. Look, my McDonalds OWNS those snobby libs!!! What dude fails to understand is that if there was no McGriddle it's like it never happened. And I know I'm right about this because McDonald's was forced to include that breakfast menu all day, to make $.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:24 am

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:25 am

co-worker with the flu is back at work but feels too bad to even speak to people..just coughs, etc. :suspect:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:31 am

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:57 am

I don't think it's that big of a deal--a little tacky perhaps, but nothing scandalous.
Reel on a repeating loop
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:43 am

No. Hardly a scandal, but beneath the office of the president.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:13 pm

We've officially arrived at the point of the year where my teaching incompetence is fully apparent.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:47 pm

Return to “Nerd Babble”