This Happened

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: This Happened

Postby akiva » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:53 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Eliahad » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:54 pm

The car is dead, long live the car!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:11 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:16 pm

Between cancer and Kristallnacht, this turning out to be a hell of an evening.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:10 pm

Rough evening. Maudlin here for no reason - hormones or whatever.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:36 pm

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:52 pm

My mother-in-law died during the night.
Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:12 pm

And my brain is helpfully reminding me that I’m a fuck up.
Reel on a repeating loop
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:42 pm

Aw shit, man, I'm sorry. I hope that your brain gives you some space to process everything you need and that you are able to be there for yourself and your partner.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:38 am

I echo what Eliahad said: I'm so, so sorry. Hope you and your partner can get help so you can grieve for your loss.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:30 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:16 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:20 pm

Our microwave died today. We bought it in 1993, so it lasted 25+ years. Not bad.

Unfortunately, in the parking lot of the appliance store while going to buy a new microwave, my wife drops her iPhone screen-side-down onto the pavement and completely shatters the screen, to the point where it doesn't display anything. So the price of our new microwave now also includes the price of a new iPhone, as well as a new case (since the new one is a different size than the old one, so the old phone case won't work).

My wife had a very bad day.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:56 am

Tinder chica, half Vietnamese, early 40s, she said her mom is Vietnamese and her dad is white and I was like yo what did they meet in the war and she started to laugh, turns out it was exactly correct! ha! good times.

Cool chica but shes into BDSM stuff, suggested I should tie her up and whip her thighs with a kendo stick till they bleed, not my deal.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:35 pm

It’s a couple of days into it, so this is a bit late, but happy Hanukkah to any fellow members of the tribe!
Reel on a repeating loop
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:06 pm

Happy Hanukkah!
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:32 pm

Yay, Happy Hanukah! I don't really have an excuse for celebrating Jewish holidays besides giving my offspring some Jewish religious education, and I'm sitting here with unlit menorahs still in the box, but nevertheless, we have candles and will make this thing happen tomorrow! We have an official candle lighter who is already asleep. Proud that I had the foresight to order a brick of candles last year. Go me. There's one thing not a total failure!
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:14 pm

in a few short weeks "Los Angeles, 2019" won't just be the opening title card from blade runner. it'll be the first sentence of a boring article about the gig economy or housing shortage
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:19 pm

one of the funniest things that ever happened to me at a job was when some airline accidentally had their reservations number forwarded to my coworker's direct line and he spent the whole day having to tell people he couldn't help book their flights and was FURIOUS lol
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:55 pm

It doesn’t take much to remind me how much of a fuck up I am.
Reel on a repeating loop

Return to “Nerd Babble”