Music Music Music

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Music Music Music

Postby Phoebe » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:23 am

This video totally cracks me up! I was hearing this on the radio and had no idea who sang it - also amusing that it's been out since July 8 and months later finally discovered. Anyway, the hilarious part is at the end where it turns out that, all along, these people are FLAMINGOS. I recently watched - or rather, saw in increments while doing other things - Season 2 of Stranger Things, so it turns out the actual mirror world is one where some people are birds.

I also really like that they have an old-fashioned phone in this video. I was finally able to show my child, hey, this is what a phone once looked like! Imagine that - he was totally unacquainted with phones. He was like, you have to dial it by moving your finger back and forth? Mind blown, lol.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:14 pm

We are still on that song in this house - still very highly rated by the kids!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:30 am

In the kitchen, wrist twistin' like a stir fry... Omg the bass.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:21 pm

Not directly about what's going on these days, but close enough.

You shout "Give us liberty or give us death"
Now you've got both
What do you want next?

Reel on a repeating loop
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:33 am

My disappointment that I can't play her two new songs to my 5yo daughter is tempered by the fact that we got new Janelle Monae and all signs are she's as terrific as ever. Here she is doing Prince proud.

I think this perfectly works with St. Vincent's Masseduction (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_caato_FZU)

Both are clear homages to recently gone heroes, Prince and David Bowie.
Both are ecstatic sexual anthems created by two women who remain mostly private about their personal life (and of which Janelle's video teases).
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:33 pm

Oooh, looking forward to listening - I'm in a school with kids atm so... Later. But on the bright side, have heard Electric Avenue 2x on car radio today!
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:18 am

All around us the rules are changing
Taller walls and stronger cages
Nothing is sacred or too outrageous
Taller walls and stronger cages

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:00 pm

So if you put on the stir fry loud enough when you're in the car and turn up the bass enough, it's like being in one of those vibrating chairs that gives you a full body massage. I'm not entirely sure it's legal to do that in the car on a public thoroughfare. And I don't care - death comes to claim this all eventually and I'm certainly not giving up on any vibrating chair opportunity with the stir fry.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:13 am

Okay, it's a bit of a travel from Migos to this, but this is more of what is going on in my daily world and, while I like it when the car vibrates, I'm not sure those Migos fellas are very nice:

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:05 pm

Soooooo tired, the mind is weak and sort of cracked open askew, and this drifts right up unbidden:

That one dude vogueing in 1978! Support. The couple dancing in that first part of her bass solo are my dance role models. That's exactly what I am attempting to achieve in the mode of Dance; I am both of them, at once.

In other news, last night I listened to the stir fry being made about 50 times straight and I wondered if this is what it means to be neuroatypical in a bad way, not joking around at anyone's expense here btw. My mind is not right.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:19 pm

The only thing that can break it up is, unfortunately, this:

Objectively I get that there are problems here and some kind of celebration of violence is going on, I don't know. But look at the V05 bottle... that's my favorite part. I relate to this woman which doesn't really make sense, but everything she says makes sense as if accurate to life. This has nothing to do with my life, yet is totally accurate to life. The mark of great literature/poetry, no? She gives us Clutch/Clutch, and over hills looking for the sunshine? Lol this woman, she's hilarious!!!
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:14 pm

Get your fix now: Please Mr. Kennedy

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:05 pm

I can't find a video with this version, so I'll just describe it: John Lewis' version of "Django" on "Evolution" is simply superb.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:20 pm

Not really sure why this Elvis song, but hey, I can roll with it.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:13 am

First listened to this this morning, and about three times since. What joy!

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:59 pm

Sooo, I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time, but I think the message of this video is that if you are dying of thirst, there's only dirt in your well, and a stubborn donkey will not take you to get the water, possibly because it's thirsty too, the solution is to get a bit of a contact high from someone else's weed, and then afterward you will find yourself in a large freshwater lake and your donkey will love you again. Sounds legit. The world seldom seems mundane thanks to our strange human brains. I've been writing a story about a donkey, so. It's a shorter story than usual!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:33 pm

This is like a unique recent subform of encephalitis. I seriously question what is wrong with me. It would be one thing to have a casual liking for a thing and then roll on, but this is stuck on eternal repeat. It's almost like I have been hypnotized and nobody clicked the "awake" button.

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:59 am

Something light for a Saturday morning
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:08 am

I love it! Weirdly the synthesizer occasionally sounds like an accordion... wait, I mean the accordion sometimes sounds almost New Wave synthesizery! Anyway, I love that combination and style - and you're right, so awesome for Saturday morning!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:48 am

Maybe cliched to post this on St Patrick's Day but I don't care because it's wonderful! And a true story!

Return to “Nerd Babble”