This Happened

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: This Happened

Postby Ronster » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:33 am

And...there's another snake there now. it slithered away...and it's a big one. :horrified:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:00 am

Crowly Pluck!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:53 am

Time to move away.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:37 pm

no, it's a constrictor and non-venomous...the lesser of two evils
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:59 pm

Aw heck, I know people like that! :D
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:58 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:06 pm

Also non-venomous, constricting ones!

Hey, an amazing thing happened: I went through a full day today basically without stress and having a wonderful time. It is INCREDIBLE how visible the contrast between depressed/anxious and... Not! is once you can relax in a deeper way. Wow.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:42 pm

I got MY letter today. *flip-off emoji*
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:14 am

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:20 am

I was being purposefully obtuse. Next time I'm playing Pathfinder I can give people updates.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:02 pm

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:44 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:15 pm

While in Halifax, we were buying souvenirs, and my wife found a place selling coin rings (rings made from actual coins). The guy selling them pointed out some made from the inside of toonies. Lisa thought that was pretty cool, and we bought one for her.

Almost immediately, she began suspecting it wasn't a toonie, and we did some internet research and couldn't find anything that matched the color and pattern--but there's been so many different toonies that who knows, really?

But eventually, she examined the inside of the ring and it was spelled out for us... "Newfoundland. Victoria." So we looked that up, and Newfoundland only minted their own coins starting in 1865 and lasting until 1949 when they became a Canadian province. Furthermore, the "Victoria" on it indicates that it had Queen Victoria's portrait and was minted during her reign. She died in 1901, and the last Newfoundland coins minted with her picture were in 1900.

It matches pretty well too. Pictures of the old Victoria coins show a unique border on the obverse that matches the outside of the ring.

So it looks to be a 20 cent piece (or maybe 50), that is likely 120 to 150 years old. At first she was disappointed that her ring might not have been what she was told, but then it turned out that the reality was much cooler. She's very happy with her purchase now
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:17 pm

That sounds pretty nice! It's cool to get something unique.

Over here we have a crazed dog very deep into his feelings and fed way too much spicy baked chicken.
We also have a white frisee carpet which was here when we arrived and certainly not picked out by me.
I have spent a lot of time on the floor recently with Lysol and a steam cleaner. Experiences make us stronger. We have had many experiences today.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:19 am

Had to put one of our three cats to sleep this morning. She had uncontrollable diabetes that was probably caused by some other underlying issue, we've been trying to treat her with insulin for about the past 6-9 months or so, but she really went downhill fast the last few days. This morning, she could barely move, so it was time. So now, the three cats that we had, all sisters from the same litter that have been together all 13+ years of their life, are down to only two.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:56 am

Aw. So sorry, Tahlvin. How are the other cats taking it?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:59 am

Don't know yet. Other than very short trips to the vet, this is the first time they haven't all been together. The vet and vet techs told us to watch them and expect them to grieve for a few days to a couple weeks, to make sure they're eating, etc. We took the towel we wrapped the cat in for the trip to the vet, and laid it on the floor for the other cats to at least have something with her scent that they can go to. We'll see how it goes.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:58 pm

Oh, I'm sorry. Losing a pet is so hard.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:08 pm

That's awful. I'm so sorry.
Reel on a repeating loop
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:24 am

Neither of the surviving cats has eaten much since yesterday morning, when we took their sister to the vet to be put to sleep. I don't think the one cat has moved from the same spot the entire time. The other cat is a bit restless, wanders around like she's looking for something, meows every once in awhile, then lays down. Hopefully they start eating again before too long.

Return to “Nerd Babble”