What's YOUR problem?

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What's YOUR problem?

Postby Zen » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:18 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Iantha » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:09 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:00 pm

I have a leftover ham bone from the holiday dinner so this is inspiring... I was going to pair it with white beans but the peas sound really appealing. I amuse myself.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:02 pm

So, it's 2018 and:
-Kony2012 was a scam
-Trump is still in office
-We aren't paying $14.99/month for Facebook
-Homos aren't being sent to concentration camps in USA
-North Korea hasn't nuked us

What's the next hysteria you deranged pack of wild animals?
SumDumTrim
Pastry Artisan

Postby SumDumTrim » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:13 pm

I have been video chatting using Marco Polo with Mime quite a lot in 2018. Nothing good can come of this.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:42 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:38 pm

I would like to tell you but suffice to say, I want to go live in a hole under a tree alone for a while, and my family and pre-existing friends can come visit occasionally and bring a head of broccoli or something.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:43 pm

My problem, currently, is that while my new schedule affords me more time with the twins, it leaves Barb and I with almost no time together at all.

I don't see the schedule changing, ever, so it will be a matter of trying to make the best of the time we have.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:27 am

I'm so sorry, that really sucks. I think it especially sucks when it happens as a result of external conditions imposed by work, that choices would not easily affect. But hopefully a breakthrough will occur eventually where you get more control over the conditions of your work. :(
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:56 am

We have 4 vehicles in my family. sounds great, right.
All four of them are over 250,000 miles and are in constant need of repair or else I am just milking a serious problem until it ends in a roadside conflagration.
This weekend I was doing regular maintenance on the '95 Crown Vic, when my wife drove up in the 2000 Accord. As she drove down our gravel and tree-root-hurdle driveway I saw the front wheel move BACKWARDS an in or two and heard a familiar rattle. After investigating I found that one of the nuts holding the vehicle's frame together was missing! I took a day off work and had to drive the kid to school that normally would have driven that car, then another 80+ miles round trip plus the part from the junkyard.

At 9:45 I sought the peace of a hot shower before a 4 AM wake-up...but no such luck. my 15 y.o. had just used up the hot water so a cool shower was what I got....

Then she told me that the bath fixture won't shut off all the way....and supposedly it just started today. I tightened it with my gorilla paws until I thought I would break something...still leaking. Noew I know what I will do when I get home at dark today. :brickwall:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:25 am

Paws, tee hee! Plumbing repair is like magic. I have learned some basics of toilet fixing and even then it feels like what I'm doing is magic, and a thing that seems "easy" often leads to massive disaster. I guess that's what brings the magic - knowing that one false move on the amateur's part leads to massive disaster. But luckily if you're fixing a thing in the shower, hopefully there's a nice place to catch the water, and there's no poo involved!
:banana:
SumDumTrim
Pastry Artisan

Postby SumDumTrim » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:57 pm

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:18 am

I changed out the fuel injectors and 2 sensors on my old Corolla this weekend, but the battery was dead so I put another one from a different car on it to get it to start...did not work.

Headlights came on, but now no turn signals, power windows or radio.

I bought a new battery.

Car starts and runs ok...other symptoms persist and you can't put it in gear.

What am I to do? My regular car was hit (their fault...they backed into me in the drive-thru at Krispy Kreme even with their back up camera) and I am driving a rental provided by their insurance company. I need to get something rolling soon.

Also, all my work did not fix the problem.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:18 pm

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:43 am

The countywide music festival/auditions that I was supposed to run this weekend have been cancelled due to weather. I've been working on it for three months. And I won't even get to enjoy the time off, as I'll be spending it all reaching out to everyone involved. And I have a little more extra work now, as I have to get all sorts of recommendation forms now. And I don't think i get paid anymore.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:15 am

:evil:
Isn't that the big event you were expecting last night? Oooooooh that's so annoying!
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:57 am

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:19 am

Multiple families from a different school district (a much larger, wealthier, and farther away one) arrived at the school today looking for auditions. Clearly someone at the other district did not communicate the cancellation, but I am more than likely going to get crap for it. I found this out because a parent/teacher in my district happened to be at the school when they were looking for auditions. I am now obsessively checking email and facebook dreading a shitstorm.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:11 am

Ohhh that sucks. I hope it all deflects harmlessly off your bubble.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:05 pm

Part of my gig is producing local high school football games and because of the smoke all the games last week were delayed to this Friday and I have to work a 12 hour day on the Friday after thanksgiving! Absolutely no one in California is suffering like I am! Shameful!

Return to “Nerd Babble”