Ask Phil!

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Ask Phil!

Postby Iantha » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:30 pm

Hi Phil, I'm glad you're here! It's been a little negative and divisive around here lately so you're a breath of fresh air.

My question to you is this: as an adult student with a full-time job, family, and volunteer organizations that I feel very passionate about, how can I stay motivated? Because I can only go to school half time, I feel like I'm moving at a snail's pace and frequently ask myself if I'm too old to get an advanced degree and if I should just stop at the BA. I really want a Masters (and really the ultimate dream is a PhD) but I also feel like the time investment and ROI is not that great.

Thanks in Advance!
Phil Connors
Infrared Drone
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phil Connors » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:22 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:55 pm

I'm a fan of the film Heidi, but I had never heard of the film Heidi 2 until I saw that it was playing at the Alpine. Is it a sequel to the Shirley Temple film? Can you give me a plot summary?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phil Connors
Infrared Drone

Postby Phil Connors » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:39 pm

Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Hey Phil,

You're awesome.

That is all.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:18 pm

Hey Phil,

I have this problem. It's my next door neighbor. She's a piano teacher and she has these students that are just awful. You know what I mean? Like they can't even get through their scales without missing every other note. I don't have the heart to tell her, because I don't think she can hear very well. What should I do?

Sincerely yours,

Cotton in my ears.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Phil Connors
Infrared Drone

Postby Phil Connors » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:19 pm

Phil Connors
Infrared Drone

Postby Phil Connors » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:29 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:28 pm

Phil my boss routinely works late, taking up my work space and becoming quite a burden on my daily work life. BUT he is my boss, do I risk having him feel negative feelings towards myself by bringing it up or as the kids say should I "go with the flow"?
Phil Connors
Infrared Drone

Postby Phil Connors » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:53 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:16 pm

Even I am impressed at the quality of advice being thrown around here lately. There was an initial hiccup concerning something like whether you would give your romantic partner a food offering, I can't quite remember how that went but I know it had something to do with the desirability of giving basic food offerings as a token of esteem and affection. Apart from that, really solid advice here.

Oh yeah it was steak in a pancake. My only objection is that steak in a pancake is definitely what you would want to give your partner. This is the basic premise behind the McGriddle, one of the world's perfect Foods, though the execution is a bit different there.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:30 am

Hey Phil,

I have this problem. It's my next door neighbor. She's a piano teacher and she has these students that are just awful. You know what I mean? Like they can't even get through their scales without missing every other note. I don't have the heart to tell her, because I don't think she can hear very well. What should I do?

Sincerely yours,

Cotton in my ears.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:44 am

Dear Phil,

I think I might be a bad friend. A good friend of mine accidentally left a bunch of his stuff in my car last time I saw him. I keep meaning to mail it back to him, but then I keep forgetting. (It's a lot of stuff, so it'll take some packaging and a trip to the post office and such.) But now it's been like three months. I'm going to send it this week, but I'm afraid he's really mad at me now. What can I do to make this up to him? Also, there was a bunch of bananas in with his stuff. I'm pretty sure they're not good anymore. Should I send them back anyway?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phil Connors
Infrared Drone

Postby Phil Connors » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:18 pm

Phil Connors
Infrared Drone

Postby Phil Connors » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:29 pm

Phil Connors
Infrared Drone

Postby Phil Connors » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:41 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:16 pm

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:18 am

Hey Phil,

Sincerely yours,

Cotton in my ears.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:05 pm

Phil, I need to know what kind of cats these are. They hiss a lot and are rather bitey, but as you can see they are quite cute.

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:14 am

Hey Phil,

Sincerely yours,

Cotton in my ears.

Return to “Nerd Babble”