This Happened

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: This Happened

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:08 pm

A person at my work has done a crazy thing, minor level. However, I have to DEAL with this minor level crazy thing when I have many pressing major things to deal with already. I just want y'all to stop with the being-crazy, please! Just stop it. There is no reason to behave like this. You might know me as you do and say, yeah Phoebe, we know you're kind of crazy as it is. I know this too. That's fine. But I try not to let it infect my actual adult behaviors. If i am trying to act like an adult, then I'd like to think I am not being crazy and I have legit, good reasons for whatever I do, and I am not going to inflict dumb pointless torments on people for no reason at all.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:07 am

Had my pre-op physical yesterday, in preparation for sinus surgery towards the end of September. Overall, it went well. But the doctor did say the reading of the CT scan I had recently was one of the more interesting readings she's ever seen. A normal sinus CT scan is supposed to show lots of black where the sinus cavities are, on the right, left, and the forehead. My right sinus was almost solid white, the left had only a very small open area, and the forehead was solid white. The skull bone below my sinuses is much thicker than usual, while the bone at the back of my sinuses, between the brain and the sinuses, is much thinner than usual, both signs of chronic sinus infections and related issues. I run the risk of a sever sinus infection, if it builds up too much pressure and breaks the thin bone between the sinus and the brain, turning into a serious and potentially fatal brain infection.

The good news is, compared to the CT scan from my last surgery about 12 years ago, there's not much change in the bone structure since that scan. So most of the damage was actually done prior to my first sinus surgery, which would have been almost 22 years ago or thereabouts. I had a chronic sinus infection that probably went undiagnosed for a number of years. It wasn't until I went to a physicians assistant, who happened to have been through some of the same things himself, that any medical professional thought to send me to an ENT, which led to my first sinus surgery a few months later. Thank goodness that PA saw me when he did, otherwise the sinus infection may not have been found until it was too late.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:18 am

OMG! So basically you're saying that a long term sinus infection damaged your head so much that another serious sinus infection someday could kill you? Aaaaa!!! This is where I probably should say, it's ok, whew, surgery is coming to help, thankfully! But instead I'd like to recommend that you wrap your head in bubble wrap, forever, and shower every person you encounter in a fine mist of sanitizer.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:22 am

As long as I keep checking on it every once in awhile and make sure the bones aren't getting worse, everything should be fine. And I could probably have a malpractice case against a couple docs from early on in this process. But it is what it is.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:16 pm

Unpleasant tho. Poor face.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:55 am

The small child crept in to our bed last night without me knowing, so now I'm looking at an adult human and a miniature exact replica, both laying in exactly the same position next to each other, both on tummy with one leg folded up, the foot tucked behind the other knee. Neither one can be woken.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:10 pm

This is hilarious yet I feel bad. There was this guy traveling alongside me and parallel throughout the lunch. First he was trapped unfortunately in the wrong lane while I was able to shoot through and get into the work parking lot. Then because I happened to make a lucky decision about which way to turn in said work parking lot, I unintentionally got the last place in it right before he pulled around to get in at the other direction. Then after lunch I came back out and got in my car and pulled away, and on my way past the far-distant work lot where he had to end up parking, I pulled out just in time to unintentionally block him in from making his turn into traffic. This dude is probably going to make a voodoo doll of me and start stabbng it.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:14 pm

It didn't help that each time one of these things happened, you laughed maniacally and flipped me off!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:40 pm

Oh no, I didn't recognize you with the mustache!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:05 pm

On the surface, from the outside, my life probably looks like a highly successful and functional one. False. Nothing is done well, all of it is a failure and farce, and there is little hope for improvement. Is this a normal human condition or is it just me? Today, everything sucks, nothing is right.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:28 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:41 pm

I'm toying with the idea of getting out of bed again and greeting the day anew. Head hurts. I am not a very pleasant person to be around today. My family went to the grocery store and along the way fetched me flowers - the opposite kind from the ones I consistently express a liking for, I will add since I'm being petty and unpleasant - which is a sign they have realized I am actually in a foul humor for reasons that aren't entirely under my control.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:10 pm

Have a Coke, and something meaty and fat. You are short on good neurotransmitters.

My suggestion would be a peanut butter and bacon sandwich.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:19 pm

Thank you, that was a good idea. Decaf coffee and banana bread, but same theory. Low iron tho.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:06 am

My mother-in-law died last night, so I'm not sure how much I'll be posting over the next few days.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:25 am

I'm so sorry. I know your family has good support around them, but we'll be thinking of you.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:31 pm

Our thoughts are with you!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:06 pm

Very sorry to hear that. My condolences to your whole family too.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:23 pm

my condolences. Give your wife extra hugs in this trying time.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:09 pm

Thank you, everyone.

Return to “Nerd Babble”