Music Music Music

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Re: Music Music Music

Postby poorpete » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:00 pm

Nice one Dave!

I guess i should include my only music video. Shot 13 years ago by me with my nephew and my sister in about 30 minutes and before I wrote the song.
buckett
Orange Troubleshooter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby buckett » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:10 pm

Apologies if this has been posted here before, but have y'all ever heard the Talking Heads downmixes? Listen with headphones; they sound phenomenal and much different than the CD masters:

I'll be honest, I have no idea what he's talking about but you might; he explains what he did here: http://www.sharoma.com/eclectic_ril.htm
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:35 am

One can only hope Heavydirtysoul is the next single and that I'm going to hear it on the car radio for months. I kind of knew they were a Christian band but now it has finally dawned on me, okay, yeah, they're really a Christian band.

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:48 am

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:06 am

My main issue with this twentyonepilots song is "this isn't hip hop..." then "...gangstas gonna cry..."

My album picks for this week are heavy on the inner-demons.

Ya got Billy Holiday, known to be in destructively abusive relationships, saying if her husband hits her it's nobody's business...

It kind of plays like a parody sketch, where it starts out feminist and empowering and ends with her excusing the awful men in her life.

Ya got wife-beating kid-beating alcoholic philanderer Stan Getz bringing Bossa Nova to the masses with Joao Gilberto and his wife who he had an affair with. At least they keep the music light.

Ya got 2Pac, justly paranoid about being murdered, rapping "I see death around the corner... if they bury me... I expect retaliation in a hurry... no one lives forever."

Ya got Herbie Hancock singing Joni Mitchell songs... ain't nothing wrong with that :-)
Ya got Ed Sheeran singing love songs... there's something wrong with that, but it's nothing serious.

Ya got Amy Winehouse refusing to go to rehab, and other beautiful songs about addictions and the awful enabling people in her life.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:18 pm

Alec Mackaye has often been overlooked in celebrations of DC punk, which is too bad, 'cause he's been in some great bands.

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:28 pm

I'm fairly local. I listen to the same half-dozen songs over and over and therefore cannot make progress on the 365 album challenge. However, I am certain I will get back to it in due time. This weekend I have lots of housework and mindless work-work to do and intend to listen to a bunch of music while it happens. Meanwhile, I'm fairly local, I'm taking my time on my ride, I wish you could save my heavydirtysoul, I'm trying to sleep but I can't but I can't because you all have guns for hands, and , generally. [Also :tafkap: outfit here is impeccable.]
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:32 pm

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:54 am

Finished 50 haikus for the first 50 albums so far
http://www.first2eleven.com/category/fun/365-albums/
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:58 pm

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:09 pm

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:00 pm

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Thanks!

Kinda wish I didn't pick a double disc of Nina Simone's greatest hits. 1, I've tried to keep greatest hits to artists whose major work predated the popularity of albums and 2. because there are a lot of great songs here.

"Nothing worse than an educated fool"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:28 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:35 am

Forgot the music part... My husband, who never, ever says such things, says this is a song he likes to sing in the car about me. I am both LOL and touched, you know - at my age and deteriorated condition.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:52 am

Digging Anderson .Paak. Love his raspy voice and drumming. When he raps, though, he sounds a lot like Kendrick (though they've played together, so if he doesn't mind, I guess the more the merrier)
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:45 pm

Modern movies are made for teenage boys
Modern music is made for teenage girls

Who decided this? I think women have the better deal.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:37 am

Heck, I wasn't even aware. Did music change? For whom is Ariana Grande needed? I heard some pretty good new rap song that was like a throwback rap song, thus I liked it. I heard Beethoven 5 on radio other day and it was so much what it is, I haven't been able to get it out of my head since. So far behind on album 365 but never fear, it will happen. I'm in a weird place right now. Not sure what's going on. Usually these subterranean currents bubble up for some reason, but initially the reason remains hidden. Probably Joss Whedon is going through some stress right now and since we can see into one another's minds, it's freaking me out low level.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:57 pm

It's possible my theory is false :-)

I'm caught up on the 365 album challenge, but behind on writing haiku reviews.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:19 pm

For some reason that song "Violet" by Hole is in my mind, a weird throwback, possibly because I heard a snippet of it a few days ago. It's still a good version of what it is, though the sentiment is lost on me now. At the time when I was young and single it made a lot of sense. Life philosophy when the world is trying to tear you down: Okay, fine, I dare you to do that, and as you were duly warned, now that I've gotten what I want, bye. It's not a good way but it makes sense for single ladies of a certain age. It's a survival philosophy, I suppose. Now my philosophy is more like, I don't know, Head Like A Hole? Depends who the speaker is.

Return to “Nerd Babble”