Music Music Music

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Music Music Music

Postby akiva » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:45 pm

Attempts repeated infinitely feel
Useless now

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:32 pm

This is not really so good (2 Chainz ft. Drake, No Lie) but sometimes you cannot control what comes in:

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:05 am

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:04 am

Very different from Sleater-Kinney, but really damned good.

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:19 pm

Kid came in singing the Dragon Tales theme song and now I'm lost. Oldest kid btw.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:15 am

I never dreamed
I'd learn to love
The taste of bitter fictions
The ring of contradictions
That sing to me

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:07 pm

Oh the radio gifts me with Michelle Branch!
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:26 pm

It took me a long time to realize how good this album is.

Reel on a repeating loop
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:41 am

To knock off one of my music blindspots, going all in on Sly & The Family Stone this week.

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:56 pm

Volbeat - Still Counting

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:58 pm

A penumbra...
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:53 am

for all the Dr. Who fans who enjoy the Christmas Specials, this is from series 6 I think
Katherine Jenkins - In the Bleak Midwinter

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:58 am

Nice, I like it. For me today is another one of those Heathens days. I retool the lyrics to involve Me, Myself, and I as the "friends" - i.e. "them" and "us" = one person full of the crazies. I prefer to think of our narrator as having some pretty strange tests for any potential companion, and therefore no other real companions.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:47 am

Combo of Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer and LANE BOY! (Already posted above, love this song!)
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:40 pm

"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:40 pm

I've been listening to A Tribe Called Quest a lot the past few weeks. "We The People", posted a while back, has a powerful chorus. "All you black folks you must go, all you mexicans you must go, all you poor folks you must go, muslims and gays, boy we hate your ways." Reminded me of this classic:

As the most popular album of the 50s, I'm amazed at the thought of millions of Americans singing along to this chorus, Soak it in and own it, own in the mistakes of the past and present. The chorus of "We the People" feels the same way.

I once tried to write a song about a Confederate soldier who about to head off to war who asks his slaves to sing him a song to make him feel better. I never got far, as it's parodying racism as a white man is a hard needle to thread (again, not as hard as racism). Maybe it'd only work the other way around. I can't say "I'm owning it" I need to be told to. Just thoughts.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:00 pm

I'm not sure I understand that song. The verse about Millie has me wondering. Anyway, today at the moment it's "Ride", though earlier it was that horrible Fall Out Boy song. .. not sure of title but it's constantly on radio. My kid loves it.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:14 pm

I'm just going to sit over here and be happy for a while:

"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:25 pm

Ah, love her! My favorite is The Moment I Said It, nice cheerful song.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:09 am

Return to “Nerd Babble”