Music Music Music

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Music Music Music

Postby Elle » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:31 am

... not particularly inventive or interesting, but ok, yet it annoys me because "about" isn't a very good word to repeat. What is that thing they're always saying on Pandora? Extensive vamping? Extended vaping? Something. Anyway, "about" is a poor word for repetition of that sort. Pick a different word.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Elle » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:25 pm

Actually she threatens the Internet Feminists, so there's an enemy of my enemy situation here, but frankly my kids LOVE this song and why would that be a bad thing, Internet Feminists? WHY?

Actually I'm just kidding, and wept and gnashed my teeth over. SIGH!
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm

Two singers I love anyway, like PB&J, Captain and Coke, a perfect union.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:39 pm

I know of maybe 2 people who have even heard of this band, and one of them is Ronster. I must need sleep! It's so hot, y'all. This inferno is our future AND the now.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:59 pm

One does not like finding oneself inadvertently singing the lyrics while washing dishes - or rather, the Lyric Word. What is the point of even having words, then? I don't even know what these lyrics mean. Rihanna appears to be wearing some kind of shiny garbage bag with legs and I kind of love it. Is this what you would call a "snuggie"? Like those fuzzy one-piece suits that babies wear, but with a dangerous drawstring at the top? Is this Burning Man season and what the kids are wearing now? It used to be goggles, neon fur bikinis and striped socks, right? Not sure why there are uniforms for such events. I feel like being as boring as possible on the outside is at least helpful at partially masking the goofy inside.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:37 pm

e, ever since I was measuring the wall to hang a picture on it. What about that experience called to mind this song, one wonders? It wasn't THAT bad. Plus, I'm quite happy when it doesn't rain! I rather like a pleasant, crisp autumn afternoon, and a fresh falling snow, or even breezy and semi-hot! The heat we have had lately is insane and makes me want to run screaming to Neptune. Fly, maybe? Anyway, somewhere cooler. Who can live like this? If I'm eighty and in the nursing home and global warming is like this, and suddenly the A/C goes out... this is the kind of stuff that goes through my brain All Day Long btw, why is there no mute switch for this constant stream of hypothetical disastrous futures?
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:22 pm

Yeah, back to Sia/Sean Paul. Some part of my brain totally grasps that Sean Paul is embarrassing (especially in this song, where he babbles a lot of blahblahblah) and I shouldn't let that hang out in public, but you know, I like the Sean Paul songs! And the eyebrow game is SPECTACULAR.

That dumb Calvin Harris song is also floating around, so catchy but annoying, and a maddening, pointless cypher of lyrics. What does it even MEAN? This is what you came for? Who came where? Who's "she"? Not the singer, apparently? And THINK about this for a moment: lightning strikes every time she moves? Is she freaking Magneto? And why would one come for that? Well, okay, never mind, THAT part makes sense. But the rest? It just repeats and repeats in all its nonsensical glory. :brickwall:
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:32 pm

I can't help it, I'm grossed out that he could be the first Male First Lady. UGH! Couldn't we do better? Can't we do better? Too late, doesn't matter now. Too late to drown in all my doubt; too much too late to sort things out! See how nice this totally accurate, totally depressing music is for the occasion?!
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:13 pm

because, consider it seriously, if you were actually confronted with the tangible reality of such a person, who could even deal with it? Like right now, I am being confronted by the tangible reality of a puppy and it's about all I can handle At My Advanced Age. Luckily I have a great puppy, but puppies are puppies and it takes a lot of your energies. I like to suppose I have considerable energies and powers to deploy in all sorts of interesting ways, but I draw a blank upon watching grainy, mismatched-with-soundtrack videos of Prince gradually disrobing. What would a person even do if that happened, in a room (or worse yet, outdoors by whatever lake they kept visiting)? I have no idea. That's more than I would even know what to do with. My mind doesn't work that fast. I would probably just collapse in a puddle and that would be the end. As they say, you can't handle the truth! I wouldn't be able handle whatever truths Prince was dishing out, that much is clear.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:18 am

I keep trying to listen to new Garbage album , ha ha ha, I amuse myself. Someone has to. The dog is doing pretty well, he's hilarious. On Thurs I will try to give you a video link so you can see his shocking cuteness level in the tennis ball chase game. But also... he's a barker. The challenge of my life at the moment is to train this little guy to bark only when I want him to bark. He has a lot of different notions about when it's a good idea to bark. Mainly, whenever he sees another adult male human (especially when that man is driving a car - that's The Worst of all!), whenever someone suddenly appears in a doorway, whenever he wants me to throw the frisbee, and whenever he has to poop but feels insecure about going out there and pooping on his own. God this is THE THE THE difference between cats and dogs AND between Cat and Dog PEOPLE: the former group wants to poop in utter secrecy and the latter wants you to WITNESS their poop function. UGH!!! I don't even want people to know that I poop. I'm not even sure I do. Maybe I don't! And how would anyone know? They should not know. The dog also wants to witness MY pooping function, the hypothetical perhaps nonexistent one. This is not ok.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:28 pm

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:35 pm

I believe it was Kyle that recommended the movie Sing Street. Watched that last night, loved it, and am now listening to the soundtrack. A fun '80s musical romp!
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:54 pm

This is basically the answer to all of my existential angst. A dream is alive, and this is mine. Someday. That will be me. How soon? My hair is fairly gray; when will I qualify?
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:11 pm

Ugh, . Why is this? I do not encourage it to move in this direction! Although, perhaps youtube is also reminded of that acid test song, where the girl is running around from frame to frame staring at her hands and having some sort of, well, acid test, so it gives me this cheap imitation version. That is never what I actually think of when I hear the phrase "acid test", by the way; rather, I get the mental image of some kind of indestructible metal being dipped in corrosives repeatedly until it emerges completely gleaming and pure. And I am even a Ken Kesey fan (Cuckoo's Nest, obvs) who read that acid-test book long ago, but maybe I'm not a drug user so that's the difference! Anyway, I wonder if they modeled this Calvin Harris video on that earlier good one, except instead of having strange, cool underwater imagery and sides of barns falling on people, they told Gisele or whoever this is, Gigi, that she should pretend to be repeatedly picking lice out of her hair while attending a series of bad parties. I also feel like she would have drowned after trying to swim in five inch heels, and nobody around that pool was going to save her. I know this is true because I possess a pair of five inch heels, which I wear to certain kinds of events I am required to attend as part of my life-duties, and one could likely drown on straight-up dry land while wearing those.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:11 pm

Have all yall heard Elle King's Good Girls from Ghostbusters yet? It's wonderful - https://youtu.be/lq0qbbj2c50
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:55 pm

Sorry, I have no idea what the song sounds like because I was too busy staring at THAT BLUE HAIR IN THE POOL HALL I WANT IT FOR MY OWN. Not just the color - the whole thing.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:35 pm

That's some kind of Jack and the Beanstalk ladder. I would not care to climb such a high ladder TO NOWHERE! But it's kind of a cool song.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:32 pm

John Stabb, "Land of Me"
Reel on a repeating loop
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:53 pm

"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:47 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지

Return to “Nerd Babble”