Music Music Music

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Music Music Music

Postby Elle » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:37 pm

I am being silly in that first world problems way but I am not happy. My life is different than it used to be. And then at dinner my daughter was like, how come mom is so much happier that she lost 5 lbs than you are that you lost 25? I made a mental note like "wtf check own reactions in front of kids if that inference was drawn!!!", and then my husband said it was more difficult for women of a certain age to lose weight. A certain age. Also I have started to suck at things in a generalized way and my left side works better than my right, and I'm just going to whine about it, thanks. Right now I should not be sitting around the house feeling stupid and ugly. It happens I guess.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ronster » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:18 am

Sorry I missed it...Seriously, Happy Birthday :D :banana: :innocent: :) :raspberry: ;) :provoke: :deadhorse:

:shenanigans:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:00 pm

That looks like a lot to accomplish on a single birthday! And thank you for picking that song instead of the Unhappy Birthday song by the Smiths. But seriously, it wasn't my birthday yesterday, I was just quoting Frog and Toad as usual. Toad often feels self-pity for reasons similar to my own in actual Real World Problem Level, but he does a marvelous job of it. My actual birthday is in January; the fact that I'm an Aquarius is one of those few pieces of evidence that astrology is in touch with the real, even though it really isn't. My astrology-loving friend once did my birth chart in great detail and informed me with horror that I have no water signs of any kind whatsoever. A creature of pure air and fire with just enough dirt to make a little money. That's it. No ability to communicate with other human beings emotionally whatsoever, according to my astrologer, for whom water signs somewhere are clearly the prerequisite. So there you go.

Speaking of Frog and Toad, I was annoyed recently when some Atlantic or New Yorker piece or other came out with a great headline about how Frog and Toad were Gay. The "evidence" for this was that Arnold Lobel, though he married and had kid(s?), came to acknowledge his own gay identity later in life. Some thought, including his daughter, that the Frog and Toad book he penned in older age (along with several other stupendously great children's books) was some means of working out his own embrace of being gay. And that may be true, yet even if it is, that doesn't make FROG and TOAD gay. I know all those books practically by heart and I am entirely certain that they never once, not even a single time, have sex or anything like it. They live in separate houses, and they are very dear friends, and perhaps outside the pages of the book they are also lovers, or maybe they're just really old dudes who love each other and don't bother about actual sex any longer. Guess what? It is permitted to all men to be close, loving, and affectionate friends. This is allowed by the universe even if not by the culture. As pleased as I am that Mr. Lobel was possibly able to find some kind of psychological comfort and joy in creating characters like Frog and Toad, I am not sure why people are always deciding that this or that children's character has a specified sexual identity or orientation. We can't just have SpongeBob and Patrick, we can't just have Tinky Winky and... whatever he was into (Dipsy? Bunnies?), and now we can't just have Frog and Toad, we have to have Sexually Identified Frog and Toad. That kite is junk.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:38 pm

Frog and Toad are not gay.

Ernie and Bert are not gay.

You know why? Because they're childrens' characters and not sexual beings.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:52 am

Imagine!

Watched the most recent movie about Janis, having earlier encountered the InternetFeminist complaint that she was "culturally appropriating" black women's music. Thankfully she did, that's all I can say. Thanks to whoever gave her those first records. And fuck heroin.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:28 am

It's a Channels kind of morning.

Reel on a repeating loop
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:38 am

I may have posted but I am not sure.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:29 am

I can't stand most of Bob Dylan's music, but I like this song.

Reel on a repeating loop
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:55 am

He is touring now, isn't that something?

The new Justin Timberlake song is super catchy, so...

There is also some new Selena Gomez song that by contrast is like nails on the brain's inner chalkboard!
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:31 pm

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:56 pm

Which led to , which is a good cover of , along with .
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:05 pm

Which somehow led to .
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:54 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:34 pm

Thus many years and months and days and hOIRS later my fighter I'd heading the song Blue a buh de a buh a a a buh de a buh da I'm blue. Hen she say danced. Top of balcony.his is what you did I. Refusing to speak further.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:27 am

Oh good grief, did I post crap to every thread in this place the other night? Well, I can tell you what was happening: as I sat there with my husband and his mom, innocently wondering who poisoned my drink with peyote, my kid who was supposed to be sleeping suddenly burst out of her room, came in and sang that stupid "Blue" song, and then ran back to the room again. ?!?!?!? There was no explanation. I still have no idea.

I have been sitting here trying to get psyched up for SLEEP and strangely haven't listened to much music all day - I listened to the SPHERE CD in the morning, but that was it. A little this and that in the car, nothing major. The kids requested horrid songs be played so I kind of tuned it out. And now as I sit here I have Bruno Mars Locked Out of Heaven in my brain. Why? I don't even like this song, which is too pepped up or something. Maybe - AHA! - this is why I can't sleep. I need less peppy music. Oh, and here's the other song that has been in my head for DAYS: Shakira Waka Waka Africa or whatever it is, I don't dare search for it. My kid somehow got onto this song, little Jim, and he sings the whole thing and does the dances. He absolutely loves Shakira. Is that a step up from Lady Gaga and Kesha? Or no? I don't even know how he learns of these things and knows where to locate them, honestly. He has figured out how to type her name into the computer and such. It's going to be really difficult when he gets older to restrain his computer activities, since we already have to put serious effort into it.

. This is also peppy. But I love it. I don't know what the hell is going on in this video - who is this dancing down the sidewalk? And why does this guy drop her fur on the sidewalk? That's disgusting! Unsanitary. Then he pulls her hair? Uhh... ? I would slap the person who pulled my hair - why is that a thing for people? It's hair! It's not, like, reins! What is the purpose here? And then they get onto some kind of burning subway. Nooo, the subway is on fire. Why you go in there? The weird saxophonist looks like he's playing an oboe and now I realize: we need one of those wee high-pitched saxophones here.

- okay, NOW we have something appealing going on. Whatever they're doing here, not really clear on what that is either, but it's a major improvement. Prince is wearing some kind of pink bra-lette jumpsuit under a beige trenchcoat.

Does it know what I type and appreciate HUMOR, one wonders? Or just like every other day, a hilarious but meaningless coincidence? I am really liking this guy's Nessun Dorma even though he makes you a little afraid he's going to strangle himself AND he appears to be placing a fake phone call with a banana at his ear the whole time. Why?
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:29 am

Nessun Dorma INDEED. And yes autocorrect, I want that and not messy forms.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:32 pm

Sheila E was the bomb in High School. Also - so much hair!
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:12 am

Jimi Hendrix All Along the Watchtower

At least there is some decent music on the radio.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:56 pm

Thomas Dolby, she blinded me with science.

I went into a remote bathroom at the in-laws and found my child's teddy bear where she had stashed it. I mean the 13 y o.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:24 am

Who is Charlie Puth? That doesn't sound like a real person. More like an illegal wrestling move.

Return to “Nerd Babble”