Music Music Music

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Music Music Music

Postby Phoebe » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:03 am

Woke up with it like this.???
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:20 pm

Love this due to all of Donna's nice robot moves. I could not do this without looking silly but that doesn't mean I don't do it! Also at the end light is streaming from dude's guts, or, someplace, and that's always a positive sign! Apparently he feels the love too, though probably a bad idea to act on it in the middle of a disco with the humans, who might understandably be terrified. Thanks, my dog just booped me directly in the butt! Hey, you don't get to act on your feelings either, dog - at least, not like that. Yikes!

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:40 am

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:32 pm

Song of the day: John Stabb, “Land of Me”
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:57 am

It's fascinating how Coltrane weaves this wall of noise that turns seemingly effortlessly into pattern and clarity - it's like where most people think a melody is a string of notes you could hum, he's constructing some kind of fourth-dimensional melody out of parts normal brains can't keep track of, but you can hear just enough of it to know it's there.

Meanwhile, down here in the world of the small-minded, I marvel over the complete perfection of not only this music but the accompanying video. Watched a lot of videos but there's just nothing like this. Bon Scott is an absolutely terrifying person; he's the kind of little guy who will get drunk and try to fight the 6'4" bouncer and then win by sheer dint of being too crazy to predict or slow down, like a man who secretes his own internal PCP the way others make hormones. Sometimes my kid looks at me the way he looks at the camera and I think, uh-oh. Angus Young is more animal than human, but in a good way, like what was so great about the human in the first place? The moment at 3:32 where the altered image suddenly resolves into his deranged toothless grin is the pinnacle of the whole thing, but close competition from Bon's leap from the pulpit onto the "stage", from which he appears to tumble off into the pews.

Anyway, it's a perfect piece of music. The guitar is both mocking and, in its sheer genius, making some kind of timeless commentary on the essence of the guitar's capacities as an instrument; the divine creation is both parodied and celebrated in transcendent manner.

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:12 am

After talking to a friend this morning, I have a new life goal: to hear this song at the grocery store.

I'm all tuned in, I see all the programs
I save coupons from packets of tea
I've got my giant hit discotheque album
I empty bottles and I feel a bit free

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:43 am

Alec Mackaye has a new band! And it includes Mary Timony!

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:51 am

Bourbon isn't working; maybe music will?

I've posted this one before; oh well.

When I'm locked in my room
I just want to scream
Now I know what they mean
Only the strong

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:28 pm

Can't help it, still love her! She's so endlessly amusing, who knows why, and she writes all these theme songs just for me, heh.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:39 am

Revenge of the gods for my failure to like this song on the first dozen hearings is that it is for a long while now my kid's favorite song and I have now heard it Hundreds of times. We're into new phases of it I didn't predict or imagine. Also Old Town Road. WHY? A lot is similar between the genders but it is rather fascinating to see a big aspect of yourself re-manifesting as a boy. Maybe especially where it bounced back and forth between your grandma, your dad, you, your son... just some very weird traces shining in the air, and it involves hundreds of times, this song...
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:57 am

That use of the b word I wonder how it'll hold up in 20 years.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:36 pm

I was discussing this with my kids, because my son especially is a big Lizzo fan and she sprinkles it around a lot, and I wanted to hear from my daughter how she thinks he should approach this. She feels like it is not really a good substitute if he says 'B' because she knows he still has that word in his mind at the time he's saying it. She feels it is only a word for women to use and only if they are saying it in a positive way. It is beyond me to judge whether Cardi is using it in a positive way; I mean, she's not when she's talking about other women but it's positive when she's talking about herself. She has a great deal of negative to say about other women, period. In my old age or whatever this is, middle age, I have less negative to say about women but it's because I'm trying to focus on all the ones I really like, and ignore the ones I don't. I am having a very hard time with the majority of white women I encounter because they love Trump so much, think he is handsome and dazzling and clearing the swamp... What does one do? also there was a disagreement about whether it is okay to be gay; I'm not going to go into details of who what how when and where was affected, but there's just an underlying low level rage vs these "b"s that I try to tune out and focus on all the adorable people posting their recipes and living an ethical life.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:59 pm

Or maybe you meant the word box?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:47 pm

I haven't wronged anyone that I'm aware of, besides the usual contributions to the destruction of species and habitat on our planet, in quite some time. Why then has Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus been in my head for 3 days? Earlier I had purple rain for just like an hour and then it was all gone.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:06 am

I heard Elton John's Tiny Dancer on the radio the other day, and now I just keep wanting to sing the lyrics as "Hold me closer, Tony Danza!" All thanks to reading about that being one of the most mis-heard song lyrics.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:11 am

Going to see him tonight.

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:13 am

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:07 am

Offered without comment.

Reel on a repeating loop
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:47 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:19 pm

Heh, you would die from suppressing the screams of laughter if you could hear my kid singing "...feeling good as HEH-ECK" along to Lizzo, since we told him he can't sing "good as hell" but he insists on making the singing happen. I don't want to be one of those people who embarrasses a child for infinity years on the Internet or else I would post the video of him doing it to Lizzo's Twitter or Instagram or something, so she could have the full experience of his dance moves and all-around total mental and physical and spiritual appreciation of her music. On some level it's just hilarious to see a small white boy completely engrossed in and expressive of the essence of Lizzo music. The gestures for "I do my hair tall, check my nails" would alone make you weep.

Return to “Nerd Babble”