Music Music Music

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Re: Music Music Music

Postby poorpete » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:25 pm

LIZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Truth Hurts now in Billboard top five, but it's not one of my favs of hers, but after hearing her version above, I get now why people love it. I like it better than the studio version.

That said, this version of Juice is fire, makes me so happy

My top 5 Lizzo
1. Boys
2. Juice
3. Good As Hell
4. Tempo
5. Ain't I
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:55 pm

The DNA test/hundred percent that bitch line was pretty much a destroyer of worlds, lolll! I especially like it when she plays flute. Hey I had a random Famous Cellist in my house again, and this time I got to play the cello! Whoooo it was pretty sweet, thanks random cellist! There is never enough time though. All y'all need to be visiting me more often and for longer! Anyway today's music has been some Bach cello suites, yay. I need science to develop antianxiety meds non-addictive and harmless. Right now the only one I have is called 'nap' so trying to force it down despite brain resistance.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:28 pm

I napped. Results:
Nervous twitch in left eye shifted to nervous twitch in right eye.
Truth hurts now playing in mental background loop, thanks to (insert relevant psychology term here).
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:17 pm

My daughter and my son and I love the GoGos and Bangles and listen to them together alot. Always preferred The GoGos more, but no denying The Bangles play a good tune, have a top notch greatest hits collection, and guitarist Vicki Peterson is a Rock God, which I didn't realize until watching this live show.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:24 pm

I am loving it, loving that it exists for our hearing now, but... can't help it, I have quibbles. Like I cannot start the track at all until 53 seconds in because I have ears! Normal human ears, Lord! It is like being at the dentist when they're using the water tool on your farthest backmost tooths!

This is made up for more than adequately by the guitar solo during the last minutes. I like the repetitive guitar at the mid-beginning too, but the vocals super annoying. All the vocals annoy; I'm somehow at a limit of lOOOOng vOOOwels from dude, and his subject matter, blah. Glad he is feeling pure and de-venomed, congrats to him, but the song would be better as an instrumental. But this too is balanced out by whatever pops in at 4:38 and the transitional piece from 5:45 into that next drumming pattern, 6:20 ff. It's definitely Tool, it delivers what one might expect from Tool, but also feeling like it's the sad, less effective cousin of similar-format songs like Parabol/a. The long period between albums works against this because you think, wow, after a decade we are going to get something mindblowing, and then it's like yeah, this is a good Tool music, glad enough for that.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:42 pm

Ah, listening to new Tool puts me back listening to old Tool. I'm very happy we have the new, which is great compared to most anything else, but can't help thinking it's pretty much what we had before yet maybe not as good. Or maybe I'm not familiar enough with it yet to let it take hold like some of those earlier songs did. Well, the solution either way is more listens.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:53 pm

Listening to this one, my absolute favorite, and I swear they have CHANGED IT. I swear it. At the end, like last 45 sec, it definitely is different. I've listened to it, like, so many times, especially that ending, and either my speakers are giving me some new perspective or they changed it.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:51 am

Steampunk Monday! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:19 pm

Beethoven's seventh, have been really excited about that allegretto!!! If you only have a few min at least check out those first few, so good!

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:42 pm

The new album is growing on me.

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:03 pm

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:13 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:05 pm

Some person with really and truly poor musical tastes (or perhaps a sadistic sense of humor) made me listen to this song yesterday and now I... remember it. My brain remembers it. I know some of you have deep feelings for this guy still, so I'll restrain myself from outright mockery and such.

To avoid further damage I am going to move quickly to something else, like, the first good thing I find in the recommendations column over there, which is.... (and by the way, I had to scroll so far down and for so long to find this, the first best purgative, which turns out to be TRUE):

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:31 pm

:banana:
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:21 am

For some reason today I woke up and the brain decided it wanted Regina Spektor, and specifically What We Saw from the Cheap Seats. I had been planning on listening to something else in the morning but the brain has its own way of doing things, usually a better way than whatever the sub-section that pretends to me in charge had in mind. ("me in charge" was a typo but it stays because... not Really a typo?! Lol!) Maybe that Real brain (the actually in charge me) just wanted the affirmation that another person makes pretend trumpet noises, not merely in the shower (like she does on the Party song) and, presumably, pronounces it good. My shower-trumpeting is amazing but, hopefully, nobody else has to hear it! Regina Spektor is a gift, she's a party, love that gal and it came to me through this very site, so!!! The first one of hers I got into via that great strings version: https://youtu.be/2CZ8ossU4pc
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:27 am

Captures my mood this morning.

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:30 am

I love that one, good lyrics too! For some reason the wsj had a with pretty cheerful faux-trumpeting, which Google proffered to me now, thanks you nosy watchman, and I like but just want to affirm my trumpeting sounds so much more like an actual trumpet! It's always a jazz trumpet. Anyway, enough about my weird habits until afternoon.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:51 pm

- like is this supposed to be about how much weed they smoke? I don't understand that whole pot culture at all; I enjoy some humor at its expense but nobody knows what I'm humoring about - oh well. Medical marijuana makes sense to me - why would we not offer relief to those who suffer, if this can help without harming? But beyond that I've never seen it work out well for people, so I'm puzzled as to why it's a thing worth bragging about. It's not a so-called "gateway" drug for everyone but it definitely IS one for some people, and that's such a bad idea for life I don't know why anyone would care to risk it, at least until they are absolutely certain it won't function that way for them. Is smoking marijuana ever compatible with pleasant or commodious living, I wonder, outside of videos like this one? Does it help in situations where you don't have, say, glaucoma or cancer or other conditions where a therapeutic function is possible? All I can tell you is that every person I know, without exception, who has smoked pot regularly on the daily level described in this song has damaged their life in various ways because of it. If there are counterexamples, I thus would benefit from knowing that they exist. Anyway, maybe this song is about pansies or the glorious Iris or, you know, literal purple flowers worth writing about, so that's what I choose to pretend.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:23 pm

Brittany Howard has a solo album arriving next month and signs above point to it being sick good. Reminds me of D'Angelo a bit, but still has that Alabama Shakes aesthetic. Sort of like how a solo album from Thom Yorke outside of Radiohead sounds a lot like Radiohead.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:06 pm

YES that is something we all need!

Reading the news over my lunch break is like this pretty much every day, and might I add how much this absolutely rocks and could they please make more soon:

Nice live version for further joy:

Return to “Nerd Babble”