Music Music Music

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Music Music Music

Postby El Jefe » Fri May 10, 2019 11:33 am

I wanted to post up LP's "Numb", but instead I'll just go with "Burn It Down." That felt like the better response to the Phoebinator.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 14, 2019 9:09 pm

Vivaldi Winter on brain loop...
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 15, 2019 5:17 pm

Bootylicious Destiny's Child. Don't ask me; totally incongruous with everything else going on. Maybe my brain is trying to reassure me that at least my butt is good, and always has been so. True, brains, true. The butt is not the problem. Or maybe it just likes the "scat" part, as that's the part on replay.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:11 am

I'm still kind of surprised that they censored this song on the radio.

I haven't listened to this one all the way through, so I'm not sure if it's the censored version or note.

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:12 am

It is the uncensored version. Good.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:34 pm

I LOOOOOOOOOVE that song! Haven't heard for a long time.
<3
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:30 am

I've heard a story about this album that I hope is true. As the recording session went on, Mingus got more and more irritated and prickly, so his playing got more and more dissonant. This song is supposed to be the last they recorded before Mingus walked out, so it's the most dissonant. Eventually Mingus came back to finish the session.

That's such a great story that I hope it's true.

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:58 am

We hope we don't get
What we deserve

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:02 am

'cause broken people
Can get better if they really want to
Or at least that's what I have to tell myself if I'm hoping to survive

P.S. I'm always a bit surprised that I'm not a heavy drinker. Given my temperament and family history, it really seems like I should be.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:48 am

Please avoid becoming heavy drinker! That said, I'm bitter that I can't drink still - I feel like crap but can't mix alcohol with the pills that slightly reduce the crap, but in principle I would feel better if I had a margarita outdoors with some nice music. All my musics lately are classical because that is what's going on everyday here. A radio encounter with John Legend's all of me led to it being an earworm for a while, but it had been remixed in some bad way that harmed it. Heard this song last night in car and it was very satisfying. It was playing one time as a backdrop to a difficult moment of life in the past, in some manner that helped me get through, and now when faced with other small difficult moments there's something about this song that puts me in the proper frame of mind to conquer, to ignore the static, to move. It's kind of an "people don't make the rules for me; I get to make the rules for my own life" song, which maybe feels soothing at a time when it feels like our whole country has gone flipping insane. I haven't listened to it in a while and it's one of those eternal goods:

The drums are fiiiiirrrrrre on this. I do not understand people who think his drumming is simplistic. Are ya listening? I feel like a lot of Tool grows out of this one song.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:14 am

Saw Jawbox tonight. Damn they’re good. Their music has often been the soundtrack to my fucked up mind/soul; i don’t know as it’s made me any better, but the music makes it slightly easier to live with myself.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:38 am

I watch Titus Burgess singing "Under the Sea" as Sebastian and now that's what's in my head. 'That's what's'! Lol, I love it, ha, what a word pairing!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:25 am

I was having a problem - a week or two ago my kid called forth from memory that horrible song about the duck who walks up to the lemonade stand and says to the man running the stand, hey, got any GRAPES? :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

I started singing it, which is Not OK. Somehow this is the only other song that has seen fit to dislodge it:

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:22 pm

And then you waddled away....

(waddle waddle)

Ghetto Superstar is one of the 90s greats
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:38 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:51 pm

The duck keeps asking for grapes! I have no grapes! We have only lemonade here! The children caused this and they sang and sang the song over the span of many years, and I don't know what to do.

Also had an amusing moment where I heard a Greta Van fleet song on the radio. Apparently I've been living in a hole, but someone took apart a Zeppelin jigsaw puzzle, ate several of the pieces and then rearranged the others and called it a song! Lollll but what can you do, the kids are trying to do something good. The next song was one of the weaker entries from AC/DC, which shone like a mountain of pure diamond in the comparison, and I realize maybe kids would have an easier time imitating ACDC and it would be better for all of us. At some point in my thirties AC DC became my favorite band, and I think that might have been one of the most significant milestones marking actual adulthood. It was like, you had children and you know what it's like to go a year without sleep, and now you have a better perspective on quality

This is not the song they played but this is such a good video. It's really the whole attitude and aesthetic I'm trying to achieve in daily living (except for the teeth ... I'm really big into flossing and brushing and keeping those aging teeth intact):

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:34 am

Oh people are so mad about Iggy Azalea, so mad. She is not Mozart but I think she improved Drake's version anyway and I don't care what anyone says, I <3 her.

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:38 am

Been watching the anime on Netflix...

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:33 pm

My favorite track so far from Chance the Rapper's latest opus

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:03 pm

I am liking your Chance the rapper song there! Driving around this weekend, I just tap the radio hoping for Lizzo, like a parched man wandering around with a divining rod.

Return to “Nerd Babble”