This Happened

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: This Happened

Postby akiva » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:15 pm

There's a tornado and thunderstorm warning in my area, so my kids may not get to trick-or-treat. Stupid weather.
Reel on a repeating loop
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:34 pm

We're getting several inches of snow. Which would you rather have?
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:48 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:00 pm

Stay strong!
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:07 pm

He cracked in exactly 12 minutes.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:08 pm

Now having conflict with the oldest child because I have been trying to go to the door in my costume along with her while she hands out the candy, but somehow she thinks she's the only one who should be handing out the candy, which is unfair. She doesn't want me to stand there behind her. I birthed her, honestly. I am shocking the neighborhood children and that's way more important than whatever miss "witch hat" is doing here.

I can literally hear my husband's voice 7 houses down the block, lol.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:23 pm

The bad weather here didn't start until about 30 minutes ago, so they got all the trick-or-treating they wanted.
Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:38 am

Sometimes I forgot how awful the lives of many of my students are. Today is not one of those days: One of my students was kicked out of his house by his grandmother last night, and another's cousin was arrested last night.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:33 am

That's difficult - does the school have any way to help the first one find a place to stay? It's terrible that school is the most stable, safe place for many kids, but that's true here too. For a lot of them it's where they eat the main two meals a day, or get a coat if they lack one.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:27 am

The Guidance Counselor is going to talk to him. He said something about staying with his mother, but I don't know if that's a good place for him to be.

My school has a lot of students in bad situations.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:50 am

Humanity once again saved by dogs:
Trying to drop off child at grade school; innocent kids nearly mowed down by psycho in (unfortunately for her) distinctively identifiable vehicle. And trust I am the least obstacle-like vehicle in that drop off line, so she picked the wrong person to tailgate like a maniac. We will have a pleasant chat about it this afternoon at pick-up, lol, but in the meantime the universe blessed us by sending a giant black lab that had picked up, not a stick, but an entire Branch more than twice the length of its entire body, running like hell for freedom out the yard gate and into the street. One of the funniest things I have witnessed lately.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:53 am

Dying of internal laughter because my kid's school has a very grumpy doorman, which is a silly thing to have at a grade school. He's always frowny even as these cute little kindergartners are coming up and such. Today my kid is in a terrible mood because he hates the pants he's wearing, so he had this incredible scowl plastered on his face, the kind that has one eyebrow lower than the other and one eye popping out more than the other. He grunted goodbye at me, and then approached the doorman who was also scowling. The doorman takes one long look at my kid and is so non-plussed to be out-scowled by him that his face just fell flat for a moment. That's a champion kid right there.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:57 pm

I'm constantly astonished at the incompetence of the school district in which I work.

I'm at a training now on how to help students do well on document-based questions (they read some primary sources and answer a question). We're using the question and documents that students will be using in December. And the documents do not give you any information to answer the question: the question asks about public opinion, and there is not a single mention of public opinion in the documents.

And earlier in the training one of the facilitators/trainers/whatever completely misunderstood a word that is defined in the documents.

Just another example of how FUBARed this county is.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:42 am

Have decided to remain with my family and continue doing their dishes and laundry, but still have many questions about the arrangement! Reaching that IDGAF point of middle age where the cynicism runs deep.

Also:
Same kid gets A in AP math and science classes; forgets to tell us to pay/register for AP exam before deadlines. Late fees! Feel she should earn them by vacuuming the nice rug with tweezers.
Also:
Would it be too ******* hard for High School to communicate that **** directly the parent/responsible party?

And no, you're not competent to drive a car solo yet no matter what the County says.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:19 pm

I had a cyst removed from the side of my neck. I feel a bit light-headed.
Reel on a repeating loop
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:46 pm

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:53 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:36 am

So did this really happen?!
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:30 am

Yes.
Reel on a repeating loop
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:32 am

You should never hate yourself for a good dad joke. Dad jokes make the world a better place.

Return to “Nerd Babble”