What's YOUR problem?

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What's YOUR problem?

Postby mimekiller » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:21 pm

Save The Children adverts claim 18,000 kids dies in African per day. That's roughly 6.5 million dead African kids per year. It an absolute load of hooey bullshit.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:49 pm

Official numbers from the World Health Organization in 2013 said 6.3 million deaths of children under 5 in Africa. Two-thirds of those were from preventable causes.

In perspective, the overall death rate is about 10 deaths for every 1000 people. With a population of over 1.2 billion, that'd be about 12+ million total deaths, so 6.8 million children is within reason.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mimekiller » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:23 pm

I recant my problem
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:21 am

But now: the problem that 2/3 of the millions of children dying on one continent each year (add to that whatever number on the other continents) are dying from preventable causes.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:55 pm

Spent a good chunk of the first half of this week in Stockton family court giving moral support to the chica but hot damn if ANYTHING can drive a man to drink its spending time in the back of a court room hearing all that drama. also I think women have already taken over the world, at one point I was the only dude in the entire court room!(including lawyers, a judge, balifs, court recorder, etc)

But its BREWFEST this weekend with 42 breweries and all you can drink beer so yea, roll tide on that.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:33 am

Deeply dreading the start of the school year—don’t want to be confronted with my own incompetence. And reminded of how much I’ve fucked up.
Reel on a repeating loop
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:11 pm

My co-worker on an off shift (which I overlap) has decided t take it easy...and let me pick up on the crap job tomorrow :cry:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:17 pm

cat locked my daughter (the married one) in her own bedroom.
daughter panicked because husband would not be home for 6 hours.
Alexa would not dial 911
She shouted for neighbors to help.
No one heard her.
He climbed out the window and broke one ankle sprained the other.
She drove herself to the urgent care.
Her husband picked her up and they went to see a movie afterwards.
My wife had to miss work to take her to a doctor today.

ALL these things confound me :brickwall:

Not to be rude, but wow, not very cool under pressure. I really worry about her.

...and all this makes her seem stupid and I know she's not. And that makes me madder than anything else :flame:

I guess this is a kind of prayer request, LOL
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:58 am

I'm trying to figure out what kind of bedroom door configuration would allow you to get locked INTO the bedroom. Usually, bedroom door locks are meant to lock someone out of the room, not in. How on earth did that even happen?

Anyways, hope the ankles heal quickly, and hope she doesn't get placed in that sort of situation again, at least not for awhile.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:07 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:48 am

Yes, that's not a good way to handle it, especially when a working doorknob will work for keeping a cat out. Hopefully they plan to change that soon!
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:36 am

Unless they have anime catgirls living with them who have opposable thumbs?
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:17 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:19 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:37 am

Doorknobs are not far away!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:10 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:24 pm

The problem is not having enough dogs, but there's no way to solve this problem without creating more problems. Paradox!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:40 pm

Oy, I just discovered I forgot to eat lunch!
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:06 pm

Actually, the problem with animals and getting shut in rooms can be a bit of a hassle. The other day I was working from home in the basement of our house, where my computer is, and in the late afternoon the dogs started making a fuss. One of them was scratching at the door to the basement and the other two were barking their heads off. I figured there was probably somebody outside, since there is utility work being done in our neighborhood, and, if I hadn't been working from home for the afternoon, nobody would have been home, so I didn't really want to go let them outside and mess with their usual schedule. (Especially since I figured they would just start barking at whatever it was they were barking at and I'd have to bring them back inside.) But, eventually, I needed to go to the bathroom, which has a door to the basement stairs and, when I opened the door, I found that my daughter's Yorkie had somehow shut himself inside the bathroom! The door to the hallway was completely latched. We usually leave that door open for circulation, because the vent in the bathroom is RIGHT ABOVE the furnace and, if we close it, a huge percentage of the heat in the house is pumped into that 11 x 5 foot room and doesn't go anywhere else. (It's nice on a cold winter day when you get out of the shower, mind you...) But I suddenly had a new perspective on why the dogs were making so much noise!
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:20 pm

Hot Dog!
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지

Return to “Nerd Babble”