Music Music Music

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Music Music Music

Postby Phoebe » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:18 pm

Totally weary this week; still facing down a mountain of stuff to do this afternoon; feels like I've lived this type of Friday many times over. Got roped into taking kid somewhere, which is interrupting my previous plan to open a bottle of wine when all these works and dishes are done. Weather gloomy; getting very mellow into the feelings with John Denver and Fleetwood Macs:

Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:58 pm

Oh, from here we dipped down into a tour of Abba and Chic - it was wonderful. But John Denver owns the night, man. With songs like this to present your entire life and purpose, no need for wine! And that's lucky because I am everybody's ride.

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:06 pm

I was wrong; didn't realize how far down the rabbit hole twas possible to flutter, almost imperceptibly:

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:37 pm

Y'all. What IS THIS? Have I ever seen this before? Did I dream this? Am I hallucinating, confused, making things up that aren't even real? If I go back and look again will this be there, and if it is there, why is it there at all? What could the purpose of this... event, this creation, this intentional deposit, possibly be? Where did it come from and why? I think maybe two glasses of wine was one too many. Please come in peace, we are your friends!
Also can I mention that green jumpsuit? Our childhoods were such an odd time, but things were good then. People could wear a full body green jumpsuit and sing about anti-adversarial telepathy with beings from other planets.
:horrified:

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:19 am

My introduction to that lovely song actually first came through this remake:

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:34 pm

Would love to be good enough at playing an instrument to do something like this.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Lord I have Allan Sherman's Hello Muddah stuck in my head and why? Why? I think I might finally be cracking up and losing some chunks, so stuff like this slips out. It's weird how everything can be good, you know, everything pretty good, and at the same time various sectors of life are REALLY FREAKING BAD! This is pretty much how it goes... within the general Goodness Onion lives one really bad layer you have to throw out, and maybe another infected by it, and then more good layers, and then a very unpleasant skin is stuck to the next layer, and then another rotten layer, a good layer, and so it goes. Still a good onion, still very helpful and nutritious and pleasant to have before you, but damn some stuff in that onion!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:05 pm

I am totally obsessed with that dumb "I've been waiting" song, because one of the singers is just so freaking great, while the other ones are so freaking annoying. I thought maybe the one I like was that Brandon --- guy but my kid tells me I am wrong and it is someone named Patrick's dump. That was a voice to text typo but it's so great that obviously I'm not going to change it. Anyway this Patrick is the singer of some banshee (same typo situation lolll) played for me and the band was absolutely terrible and he sounded terrible too! Basically, the guy breaks out his awesome singing voice for this one song, and just for like ... a verse or two. That's all I can get, but I'll take scraps. Fine.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:15 pm

I am starting to sort some things out thanks to a bunch of really bad music. Brendon Urie is the guy who sings with Taylor Swift in her new song. He is not the guy who sings on the other song - in fact there are three or four of those guys, only one of whom has a good voice, and that one is Patrick Stump. Child I said, give me another song by this Patrick so that I can see where the good voice is doing things. Why yes, she said, I had an emo phase... Girl, I said, you are not old enough to have had a phase! Anyway, she played me the other songs and they were crap. It's that terrible song about something in the dark, light it up? Ew. The point is that all of these people are guilty in some way, but there is one fragment of a good song worth preserving, and we hope for the best in terms of this person putting his voice to good employ.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:33 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:56 am

This has to be one of the stupidest videos ever, especially considering how much more the video world is capable of now with such ease. But the advantage is that I got to see this Patrick Stump character and maybe he's become a bit more fleshy and thick in a manner that has helped his voice? Is that possible? This is not criticism; he looks way better now. Solid. You're welcome for objectifying this poor unknown man just because I demand a better singing out of him!
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed May 01, 2019 7:12 am

I don't know how to stop

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu May 02, 2019 1:41 pm

I may be the only one who thinks this, but I'm convinced that "Plays Live" is Gabriel's best album. The song versions on this album are all superior to the studio versions, and it's a superb collection of songs. Particular favorites: "I Have the Touch," "Family Snapshot," "San Jacinto," "No Self Control," and "Shock the Monkey."
Reel on a repeating loop
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu May 02, 2019 2:09 pm

I also loved his Secret World Live concert, and thought those versions of the songs were better than the studio versions. I used to put in the DVD for that concert and sing along to it when I would try to get my son to sleep. He's now 15. Damn, I'm old.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu May 02, 2019 2:14 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri May 03, 2019 6:14 am

I love his voice, should listen to some of these I've never heard!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 07, 2019 5:17 pm

Can't figure out whether I like the recording or the live version so I just keep going back and forth. I have fallen asleep at three different points during this process but was not aware that I was sleeping because I was still listening to the music just as vividly.

OR
Ok I lied this too is live, and I prefer this one because they move into a little good to your earhole and other things. I don't know... My brains have basically turned to mush and I don't see any return from this place.

Now I changed my mind and I like the first one better because of the singer and tempo difference.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 07, 2019 7:48 pm

I really like that my title right now is super salad, since I ate a really super salad for lunch and then came home and had most of a pint of Ben & Jerry's. Le sigh. Anyway, I've moved on and evolved to something even better, which I gift to you at this time:
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri May 10, 2019 7:13 am

I relate very strongly to this song. Well, not about the part of being a political assassin.

I shoot into the light

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri May 10, 2019 10:36 am

El Jefe, s'il te plait, ne fais pas de geste brusque!

Return to “Nerd Babble”