What's YOUR problem?

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What's YOUR problem?

Postby akiva » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:44 am

I had a flu shot too. So much for “science.” Next year it’s back to leeches and essential oils.
Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby akiva » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:50 pm

Still laid low by the flu--so about a week. I hope to go back to work by Friday.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:01 pm

Basically, two things have happened that were very personally, insultingly hurtful, as if I am a human being who has "feelings" (not really, not much). But there is nothing for it because life goes on, and one must go forward, and other people around me have real, actual problems that don't involve being an embarrassing old lady who, despite best efforts, is not an actual robot. Also, very worried about the other people who are having real problems, terrified actually. The problems are major. So then you feel even stupider for letting dumb shit get to you that you should have resolved for the rest of life when you were 13.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:06 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:10 am

Things are getting better...

Wife's health is improving
Her Grandmother has been dismissed from the hospital and into rehab will be coming home with her son (but I have to go modify his house to accommodate her.
The prom is Saturday and Katrina's dress was mis-altered by the alterations lady. It should be back today hopefully.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:13 pm

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Due to various issues, I've fallen behind on multiple payments of things. I think I have a plan for moving forward, and everything should be fine by the end of next week. But I really hate the fact that I'm continually one emergency away from really big problems. But aren't most Americans in that situation? It's not just me, right?
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:21 pm

Somehow I live in the most liberal state in the world filled with millions of people that have a cardiac arrest over the idea of someone showing photo ID to vote but to get my license renewed this year I need my birth cert, my social card, and a bill that proves I live at my address.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:41 pm

You have my sympathy.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:32 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:58 am

Next time I renew my license, I'll have to do that as well. It's part of the RealID stuff, or whatever they call it, where TSA requires state-issued IDs to meet certain requirements to be valid for presentation at airports, etc.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:41 am

Compulsive dermatological self-excoriation. It runs in the family and is a price of handling the rest of your stressful affairs with some degree of calm, but it would be a good time to stop it.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:12 pm

hey all my belly aching and it wasn't that bad at the DMV today, in and out in a hour.

Speaking of in and out, my GF has all her children this week so thus we're essentially living a week apart. Getting very backed up over here!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:20 pm

I can't get my kid to wear a jacket. Le sigh. But my parents are adorable. My dad is a sweetheart, also mom 100% but today we are thankful for dad in particular. Like seriously, cross my dad in some way and you've made a life enemy. That's just how it is.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:47 am

I hit another deer with my new-ish car...yay for the $1000.00 deductible...what a bad idea
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:30 pm

So the married chica(that I'm no longer seeing) told me she has a miscarriage of our baby right after we broke up. Was shy lying? who knows, I do know she got a dog and said it was a surrogate of what we lost, very strange, so I guess I have a dog-daughter, well she owns a local salon and my mom rolled in to get a pedicure or something and she said "your friend was their and really wanted me to meet some dog, it was nice"

Good grief!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:15 am

That's sad, I'm sorry.
SumDumTrim
Pastry Artisan

Postby SumDumTrim » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:50 am

I don't find it sad, it's more like Mimetypical. He draws the crazy. It's a gift like being able to lift heavy things in an emergency or being able to snap gum. Also *whispers* California, so you have to expect the lunies.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:14 pm

yea it just is what it is...maybe a glorious finale that was the chaos of my life that started at the end of 2015...things are currently more calm, hopefully moving into a house with the chica soon, she has a 11 year old full time and a couple of others...get all domestic and shit
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:07 am

I had a student grab my laptop from my desk and walk out of the room a few minutes ago.

This wouldn't have happened to most other teachers in the building.
Reel on a repeating loop

Return to “Nerd Babble”