Music Music Music

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Music Music Music

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:02 am

It's the very reason we have this thread.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby akiva » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:04 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:03 pm

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:51 am

For the midwest.

Exposure
Is a pitiful and pointless way of dying

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:11 am

Gotta love a hardcore song that's commentary on the Torah.

When madness reigned
And paradise drowned
When Babel's walls
Came crashing down
The echo roars
For a story writ
That was hardly understood

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:33 pm

Misheard lyrics, seven-year-old edition:
7: Why is Cardi B mad about pork?
Me: Wut?
7: She keeps saying she's really mad about pork.
Me: what do you mean, like government spending? Where did you get this?
7: the song - that's what she keeps singing about in this song! She's had too much pork. She's mad.
Me: oh. Uhh...
7: yeah, she's really mad about too much pork, too much pork, all the time. I don't understand why.
Me: I don't either. I suppose it's possible to... eat too much pork?
7: yeah she's mad cuz she's just had way too much pork.
Me: Lord Lord Lord I'm just sitting here trying to keep it together.

New song comes on.
7: this one is about meat too.
Me: ???????????
7: did you hear that? He says, I like meat better when I'm with you.
Me: (internal combustion from suppressed laughter)
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:36 pm

help me I switch the station and now it's playing Metallica's Master of puppets and he has a friend named Asher so he's calling it Asher of puppets.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:27 am

I have recommended on this thread both St. Vincent's "Masseduction" and Janelle Monae's "Make Me Feel" so imagine how super-happy I was that both of these songs were played live on the Grammys. Imagine it! Super Happy!!!!!

But, how can you watch the Grammy's last night and not put "The Joke" on repeat this morning?
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:46 am

It's not my style of music at all, but Brandi Carlyle is damn good.
Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:12 am

Just another sinking feeling
Slowing sinking in

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:49 am

Skip Groff RIP.

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:53 pm

Wow, he was 70? It's so odd to think back on a time when the way records were produced or sold in shops might determine the musical world for people, especially for all the things not being played on the radio.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:29 am

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:48 am

I normally hate Bob Dylan, but I like this song.

I've been trying to get as far away from myself as I can

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:49 am

Speaking of Bob Dylan . . .

Reel on a repeating loop
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:24 am

I just want to thank you folks for expanding my music knowledge, have a nice day.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:23 am

The new Solange album is out today.

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list ... -J2mst5wck

First listen: Definitely a continuation of the sound she carved out in A Seat at the Table. I'm not ready to call it near-perfect like that album, or a disappointment, because nothing caught me on first listen. It sounds wonderfully groovy at times, sounds fragmented elsewhere.

Second listen: Ok it's sounding less fragmented, or maybe I'm getting used to it, there's also more hooks than I thought. Heard more Stevie Wonder influence this time. More optimistic.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:08 pm

Digging into those Hart of Dixie reruns on Netflix poisons the mind with its music. However, I freaking love that dumb show. The concept is, let's pretend a small but feisty half-Jewish doctor from NYC has some half-baked reason to begin living in small-town gulf coast Alabama, in an absolutely silly, absurd, non-existent town that for magical reasons has been unaffected by the racial history of the South but instead was settled and populated by actual pirates of the Caribbean, and nowadays is run by a Black man who is the desired love-object for most of the young women in town. He and the doctor become besties, having shared some taste of normal life outside this town for a multi-year period, and the show maintains their successful male-female friendship without any weirdness as a solid baseline of the plot throughout. In addition, she has an initially adversarial but eventually positive mentoring relationship with an older male doctor who treats her with the dignity befitting a positive professional relationship, as if all male-female professional and mentoring relationships should be expected to function like this and work out well! Yes, there are massive problems with the efforts to turn this imaginary town into a racial utopia, but at least they try. In each episode, something ludicrous and stupid is happening that the townspeople take seriously as part of their culture, and the doctor gamely attempts to join in but usually screws up on a minor or major level. The show is largely about how she screws up or succeeds on her adulting journey, but she never screws up doctoring unless by some accident involving miscommunication or the like, because despite the utterly silly context she's a competent and even excellent professional. Obviously we follow her love life; she often makes bad choices that cast doubt on her moral character, but then usually fixes it and reveals herself to be a decent person. The song below is the overwrought but infectious (ha) theme song of her big relationship with Guy #1, as it marks the moment we were all waiting for when they finally just go ahead and have sex. The various male love-objects presented by the show are of a high quality. What more can be said? It's better than House; that's the bottom line.

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:53 pm

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:32 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지

Return to “Nerd Babble”