This Happened

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: This Happened

Postby Phoebe » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:24 pm

Apparently there is a deeper reason why my child wishes to dress up in solid black clothing and tights and then wear an orange pumpkin head on her head for Halloween. What is the deeper reason behind this, does anyone know?
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mimekiller » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:34 pm

this is the only popular pumpkin character I'm aware of. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skSNRhhP62Q
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:16 am

I had to lay down a little smack on Faceback this morning on a couple of my nieces, who shared/liked a video headed "THIS GUY DESTROYS TRANSGENDER ARGUMENT", despite knowing how it would make their transgender cousin, my son, feel. :flame: Family Thanksgiving may be pretty interesting this year, IF we decide to attend.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:31 am

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:51 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:07 pm

A silver lining here is that you have a great excuse not to go to this person's wedding.
8-)

Someday she might look back on this and be pretty unhappy that her commitment to rude Facebook bigotry cost her relationships with family that aren't easy to repair later.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:44 pm

Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:39 pm

I went to the Women's Conference with Turkish and it was such a great learning experience.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:43 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:16 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:30 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:36 am

I had to be a pallbearer for my Aunt Ladelle Dover this past Wednesday. She was 88. I didn't know her first name was Geneva...I like that for a name.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:52 am

All of my children's teachers probably think they're being raised by wolves. No that's too kind - more like a giant rat who dresses as a clown for fun.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:56 am

As I say that, sitting here in my garage, I hear some sort of terrifying sound, the sound of a mammal that is clearly somewhere it shouldn't be. This is what's going on in my life nowadays, thanks. That and being a failure as a parent and employee and human being. Lord Jesus from the sound of it there is a giant spider trapped in the undercarriage of my vehicle thrashing around. I'm too scared to look under there. There's something to be said for self-reliance but then there's something to be said for having other people around to help you once in a blue moon.

ADDENDUM:
As I come upstairs to get a big flashlight, both for seeing the alien Invader and for self-defense if necessary, I discovered that the dog has carefully extracted one single tampon from somewhere - UNUSED, Thankfully, since Lord knows it could have gone otherwise - and has placed it exactly at the top of the staircase in the center of the stair. What kind of statement is that, dog? Trust me if you're mad that it's Monday and we're all leaving you, I'm even more unhappy about it than you are.
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:12 am

I turned in my resignation today.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:28 am

:horrified:

This whole time she's been Betsy DeVos masquerading as her opposite on Earth!
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:50 am

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:06 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:36 pm

Ooooooo, is it a going-for-grad-degree-full-time kinda notice?!

Return to “Nerd Babble”