Subscription "Get Secret Stuff" Services

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Irish Fan
Infrared Drone
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Subscription "Get Secret Stuff" Services

Postby Irish Fan » Mon May 16, 2016 11:16 am

I just subscribed to the generic Loot Crate box service where I'm supposed to get a box of secret nerd goodies each month based on whatever "theme" they determine is appropriate at the time. It's my understanding that there are A LOT of these services out there now. Anyone else do this? If so, what company to you subscribe to & do you think it's worth it?
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Re: Subscription "Get Secret Stuff" Services

Postby Ronster » Mon May 16, 2016 1:10 pm

Dungeon crate has just started. It is similar to loot crate, but geared more toward rpg interests.

Then there are the meal subscription services and the clothing ones too.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Mon May 16, 2016 1:11 pm

I've wanted to get in on the Loot Crate, but I'm also on a 'clearing out stuff' kick. If I had the spare cash, I would be willing to spend $25 a month on tchotchkes. Any more than that and I may as well save the money for goodies I really want.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Irish Fan
Infrared Drone

Postby Irish Fan » Mon May 16, 2016 2:20 pm

I hear Marvel & DC have similar services. I'm paying around $20 for loot crate - I'll see how it goes. Seems like these are blowing up now.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon May 16, 2016 4:08 pm

My wife got me a subscription to the Firefly Loot Crate. It's every other month, and has some sweet Firefly/Serenity merch.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri May 20, 2016 7:56 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지

Return to “Nerd Babble”