This Happened

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: This Happened

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:36 am

Jim has been growing his hair out for 6 mos to get a faux-mohawk - i.e. long in middle but not shaved off on sides, just short. Go to salon. Explain. Show parts to be left long with my hand. Jim emerges with standard supershort boy haircut. Never going there again. So pissed.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Eliahad » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:31 pm

I just realized that I can't listen to music while I'm working because I'm listening to music while I'm working. Mind. Blown.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:42 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:27 am

Can't sleep. I have no idea why this happens. Just the combination of several bad things going on at once, totally stressing me out, and now I can't finish the things I need to finish before I can go to sleep, and then I'll sleep for about three hours total tonight. It's total bullshit and every once in a while, nothing you can do about it. There is no solution.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:19 pm

Flight to Reykjavik in summer is like 1000 bucks im splitting this crazy joint and hiding in a cabin for "July".
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:51 pm

That sounds awesome.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:58 am

On facebook, someone posted a very misleading article. I corrected it with a link to a Snopes article. He declared his blog a Snopes free zone, saying that it's partisan as hell. !?!?! I did some digging. Apparently, in the service of those who live in the fake news zone, a few sites have found a couple of articles on Snopes and Factcheck.org that are only 95% accurate and used that to dismiss them entirely, saving people from cognitive dissonance.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:50 am

who factchecks the factcheckers..I have heard a lot of similar stories, but I "SNOPED" snopes.com and everyone tends to think that snopes is biased against some view they hold.
excerpted from their site:
"Are we Republicans or Democrats? Conservatives or liberals? Administration supporters or a secretly-funded tool of the opposition? According to our readership, we're all those things — from what they tell us, we've performed the remarkable feat of being decidedly biased in every possible direction:"

Snopes could be right or wrong, but in my experience they have a good track record and don't shy away from making "sliders" from anyone's sacred cow.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:57 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Okay here's where I vent a tad bit instead of venting to other ppl at work...

The guy who works next to me is a super nice guy...BUT

he just up and leaves his desk and goes for walks around the facility (quite vast) so that he can hatch his POKEMONS!

He also is doing a lot of community/mentoring/leadership work with his non-profit while at work and is always plugged into his phone with his earbuds. I overhear him discussing the stuff all the time and quite often I mistake his comments as being intended for me, the guy right next to him.

Yesterday I was filling in for people who were off in a different area and all the work that was left for us to do Sunday afternoon (I now work Sun-Wed 6-430) was still waiting to be worked when I came back to the department today. I know that there are probably some good reasons, but there was no effort made at all to get an of the 4 projects worked. none.

I seriously believe this guy would be happy to let me do all the work while he chats on the phone and goes for walks. He also goes for a 30 minute coffee break EVERY DAY right after work starts.

My supervisor has had his wings clipped for being overly belligerent with personnel in other departments and he just doesn't care what happens now. He hasn't put in a 40 hour week in the past year...

Thanks for letting me vent. I know it is best not to focus on others, but it is very hard for me to pull the cart with so many people riding it.

Comments and corrections welcome as always :brickwall:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:49 pm

Ahh, I thought I replied to Ronster's post above earlier. Anyway, I would be annoyed too.

Here are some things:

Someone brought me a delicious dessert.

But then the same someone put my measuring spoons down the garbage disposal. I have literally paid hundreds of dollars in plumber bills to deal with this person's garbage disposal issues. The garbage disposal is a largely ornamental item. If it does not chew up heavy vegetable peels, it certainly does not chew up metal. It did manage to totally destroy the measuring spoons, however.

But then, you see - a delicious dessert. So...

My dog is apparently part Doberman Pinscher. So I guess if you want to get a particularly smart, willful, weird, easy-to-train yet difficult-to-psychoanalyze-and-control guard dog, you should get a cattle dog / doberman mix. I remember telling my husband once I wanted a pair of dobermans like Magnum PI and he was like AWESOME and then in the same breath BUT NO WAY, and now here we all are. The solution is obviously to get another dog because the only thing better than this one would be two of them, right?
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:58 am

I read the word gypped yesterday. I can't remember seeing it in print, hadn't thought of the 'y' in the word. I checked and confirmed my fear; it's derived from the word gypsy, as in something a gypsy might do to you. I don't know why I've never noticed it before. It's not a word I've really used much before but I'll never use it again.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:58 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:54 am

More than 25 years ago, I had a book of monster jokes. The one I remember now goes like this:

What did the mummy say to the other mummy after getting shortchanged?

Egypt me!
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:37 am

Fuck the soft jazz on the mental health scheduling hold music. Fuck it right in the ass.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:04 pm

Eliahad prefers his jazz rough and hard.

If you ever need an ear, there are many people here who adore you and who would take the time to listen.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:33 pm

I would take some jazz cello.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:25 am

Caz jello?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:48 am

Caz jello wrestling?
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:25 pm

Yes! Where's my lime jello!? Time to suplex a punk!

Return to “Nerd Babble”