Music Music Music

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Music Music Music

Postby akiva » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:18 pm

Not a huge dub or reggae fan, but some of it is really damned good. This is one of those.

Reel on a repeating loop
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Elle » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:44 pm

I enjoyed it but there was a really super extra annoying sound of something like a recorder being played throughout the track. Good overall though!

I am not clear why Ride like the Wind keeps happening but here it is yet again! For my kid it is an improvement over Drake. I grasp intellectually that Drake is just terrible - I mean, really awful. But it's very dancey! very dancey indeed, and I like that I can sing exactly an octave above him and be comfortable. Unlike these guys, all of whom can sing higher than I can:

For some reason I'm really into the ba da ba da part of the song, but I can't sing that high, so I just kind of mouth it and that has to be really weird. Thankfully no mirrors in here. Fat person chair-dancing while mouthing random syllables! From kid's perspective this also beats the "hand/arm-dancing" that goes on in the car. I think there's some deep genetic imperative to be as embarrassing as possible to your children whenever they're at an age with "-teen" in the suffix. Apparently the 40s are a decade of Peak No Fucks Given, and if you thought you didn't much care what people thought of you before, you REALLY don't care now. I know I can do even better on this in the future. I'm going to take Buffy to her first big concert in a few months and I already had a stern talking-to with myself about not dancing or singing. I will just stand there trying to look invisible.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:59 am

It's hard to believe that people can play this fast without the music falling apart.

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:07 am

Song of the day.

A moral gerrymander
I could have laughed 'til I was sore
But I"m too busy bracing for
The dark side of the holiday they're saving for

Reel on a repeating loop
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:51 am

I'll second that
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:17 pm

I've used this one before, but I've earned it today: "Can't Forgive," by Embrace
Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:56 am

We're desperate
Get used to it

Reel on a repeating loop
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:14 pm

RIP - Leonard Cohen

"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:37 pm

Such a pretty song, Neil Young - All these dreams.

Then I came home to the sounds of Lady Gaga, Speechless (which is funny because she sometimes paired that live with a bit of Neil Young cover and another song of hers) blasting from the earth itself. Every light in the house is on and the entire block is listening to Lady Gaga now. Seems my husband has loaded all "my" songs off my computer onto the home stereo and set up some mechanism whereby they play at random on the big, loud speakers. He wonders why the dog is acting strangely. Anyway, I have some songs in there I find it weird to have burst upon me unexpectedly by my own stereo, and I have no idea how to fix it.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:12 pm

Drake - One Dance

This Drake thing is like an infection or something. Substitute the words "scabies" or "concussion" or "influenza" or "salmonella". Sorry, I'm down with a case of Drake and need to recover before I can function properly. Yes I know, it's terrible. It hurts.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:07 am

In honor of the super moon, which we couldn't see 'cause it's been cloudy and raining.

Reel on a repeating loop
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:25 am

The Boswell Sisters are a delight. They are "noted for intricate harmonies and rhythmic experimentation" says wikipedia. I encourage a deep dive into their songs.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:40 am

Love it! The one you posted is a good one already. This morning I woke up with Garth Brooks, Friends in Low Places, running through my mind. I want to ask why. Don't we have enough going wrong?
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:34 am

Wow the latest ATCQ.

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:51 am

Thank God.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:00 pm

Living in their new album. Would share another, but they only have We the People up on Youtube now. If you get a chance, check out "Dis Generation."

Back to escapism...

Of course it's not complete escapism as she was in the closet at the time, and if society was more open, she wouldn't have had to change the gender roles.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:44 am

RIP Sharon Jones. Ooof, she was great. Saw her with my wife who was six months pregnant. One of the best performances I've seen.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:06 am

Going a little Tanakh this morning

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:35 am

OMG love all of the above!!! Plus Pete's baby is probably better looking and 40 IQ points smarter because of having been to that concert.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:26 am

My school got rickrolled this morning. So many innnocent lifes shattered.
Reel on a repeating loop

Return to “Nerd Babble”