[GB] Playtest 9-28-17

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [GB] Playtest 9-28-17

Postby Eliahad » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:37 pm

"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Stan
Ninja Carpenter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Stan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:50 pm

The constant moving terrain might work as a barrier - it leave the area reasonably quickly.

Another option is, instead of creating new barriers, have a card to shift a pillar one hex - is that too unbelievable to be shaking heaven that way?
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:25 pm

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:12 pm

Terrain Vs. Barriers

To get these ideas down. I am hesitant to make anything impassable. This is because we can eliminate some of the mucking about with "Well, you have to leave an avenue open." I DO like the original 6 pillars of the Gods idea, so maybe it's possible to move /those/ but they can only ever move slowly.

It doesn't help that, in the initial playtest, there was functionally no difference between Terrain and Barriers. That will change in the next playtest and going forward.

Terrain
More expensive to bring into play.
Permanent, unless acted upon by other God Cards.
Each Hero has a terrain that they favor. The favored terrain will cost zero points for them to move through. This is in addition to 'no terrain.'
A hex can only ever have one kind of terrain in it.

Barriers
Less expensive to bring into play.
There is no limit to the number of barriers in a hex.
Heroes will not have a barrier that they favor.
Barriers will increase the cost of moving through that hex by 1 point per token in the hex.
Barriers are not permanent.

If a Hero can't overcome the cost to move into a hex with terrain and barriers in it, they are not allowed to move into that hex, which effectively creates an impassable hex.

For the next playtest, this is the solution I would like to enact. There will be A LOT more barrier creation God Cards in the next iteration.

Return to “Godball”