[GB] Terrain Mechanics

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[GB] Terrain Mechanics

Postby Eliahad » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:32 pm

These are all the mechanics that don't go on the cards but need to be present for Terrain to work.

Terrain Creation - there can only be one terrain token in a hex. If a terrain token is placed in a hex that already contains terrain, the previous token is removed. Any other token that is not a Hero, is also removed.

Knockdown - if a terrain token is placed in a hex containing a Hero, that Hero is knocked down. If that Hero controlled the Godball, it falls to a hex chosen by the God who placed the terrain token.

A knocked down Hero must use their Movement Action to stand back up before taking any Hero Actions on their turn.

Moving Terrain - If terrain is moved, any Hero in the hex with that token is also moved. Regardless of the presence of a Hero, remove any terrain and other tokens in hexes traveled through by the moving terrain. If the moving terrain passes through another Hero, that Hero is shoved, per the Hero Action rules for Shove. That Hero must be shoved AWAY from the path of further travel. In other words, if possible, a Hero may only be shoved once.

Favored Terrain - Every Hero has a terrain that they favor, represented by a terrain token on their Hero Board. Terrain favored by that Hero does not count toward their movement cost to enter that hex.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: [GB] Terrain Mechanics

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:48 pm

Forgot about knockdown effects.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:50 pm

We could ditch them.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:58 pm

Naw. But they're extreme, which makes them awesome.

I say we keep them, but be moderate.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:42 pm

Bumping this up for tonight.

Consideration: can you be knocked down by your favored terrain?
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:04 pm

Counterpoint: Your favored terrain or your God's? They may not always be the same.

I think, flavor-wise, it works either way.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:49 pm

Know what. Hero should be able to defend knockdown effect of new terrain. 2 hp normal cases, 1 hp for favored terrain. If land is gonna shift... it's something big, right?
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:00 pm

My inner me says 'yes, let's do it!' My slightly less inner me is saying, "let's keep it consistent! Heroes can defend against other Heroes, but can't defend against the Gods."
Wowie
Pastry Artisan

Postby Wowie » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:55 am

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Return to “Godball”