[GB] 5 or 6 Person Playtest (TBD)

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [GB] 5 or 6 Person Playtest (TBD)

Postby Eliahad » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:32 am

Tell you what, I'll hop on Roll20 around 7:00 MST or so, and we can push some pieces around!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Eliahad » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:21 am

I will attempt to get a Boons and Curses deck together as well. I don't know if I'll be able to get it done, but I will do my best!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:21 pm

Things are going poorly over here but might improve by evening!
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:34 pm

Well, I hope you can make it! It's fun when you are there.

I will probably be a little late. So 7:30 MST might be a better time.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Kids. That time will work out better.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Things continue to go very poorly here. I'm not happy about it but there it is.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:08 pm

I'm going to try to be there, but my afternoon errands were pushed off to evening. I'll see what I can do.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:13 pm

Arghhhh I couldn't make it happen at all - horrible work work work all the time.
:(
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:29 pm

It's okay! We missed you, but we learned some really good things. It was just Flame, Andrew and myself.

Things:

I think the Hero Actions are at a point where we can leave them for a while and start incorporating other elements back in. Things are still moving and moving relatively quickly.

To me: the Goals feel like a really good way to score. It's not that getting the Godball to the shrine didn't, but this feels more Sportsball-y. So maybe it loses a little of the original theme. But on the other hand, it does capture the GAME aspect of it. So maybe we need to go back to playing up the comedy aspects of our theme. Heroes with Togas with player numbers on the back. That sort of thing. I am not sold on any of the theme at this point. It was GREAT to help us get the concepts and mechanics going, but it's definitely going to have to evolve once our game is more set.

Andrew had a great idea: Instead of having 1 goal that a Hero is trying to get to. Instead, they have 1 goal that is their's to defend. This means that there will be overlapping goals for everyone, but not the same overlapping goals between individual Gods. It might need an extra mechanic where the person who actually scores gets 3 points, and everyone whose goal it is gets 1 point or something, but I think it's an interesting thing worth trying. (This creates an incentive to defend, as well as an incentive to possibly help the ball carrier.)

Forced Fumble. Flame isn't sure who should decide where the ball drops. I still think it should, at a base power, be in the purview of the defender. Then, from there, God Powers can influence the action to change it to a steal or let the attacker choose the hex.

There was something else that I just remembered, but now it has escaped me again. Thanks, Aidan. I'm sure it will come back to me.

This wasn't it. Andrew suggested getting rid of refresh, and dropping all the powers down to 1 HP each as a base level. I think the various Boons and Curses will make this a moot point, but I wanted to get it down on paper.

What's next? Adding in Boons and Curses. And then from there, we can incorporate the other God Powers which bring in barriers and terrain. There's going to be balance tweaks at every step of the way.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:56 pm

Hey! Here's where the goal talk was!

Let me just reiterate that I agree that the defender should pick where a loose ball lands, unless a god card in play says otherwise. If the attacker gets to choose, then any forced fumble just becomes a steal, which is way more powerful.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.

Return to “Godball”