[GB]Godball Rules - Pointless Remix

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

[GB]Godball Rules - Pointless Remix

Postby Mike » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:21 pm

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [GB]Godball Rules - Pointless Remix

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:25 pm

Mike, I had this same thought. To try a playtest session that only had HP, or used one type of counter for all abilities.

Potentially, if you had the ability to say, sprint more than once in a given round, or if there were the 5 levels of hero powers, or the capability of overpowering your hero ability, there could be a very interesting dynamic where you could potentially see a hero blow all of their points in one giant Herculean effort in order to try to win the game, or to chase down another hero who is about to score.

I'll be interested to hear how this plays.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:46 am

I think that's everything, Mike!

Maybe the Hero Boards should have an either/or? Left side are your actions you take in a turn. Right side is what you get if you do nothing with your action that turn.

Thinking about the alternative scoring method with no GP. It could be as easy as: If you hold the Godball at the end of your turn, you get a point.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:11 pm

If we want to include the alternative scoring in the Pointless Game as well, we should also include a timer. My gut is telling me to go with 12 Rounds. Once through the play order is 1 Round. At the end of 12 Rounds is halftime, then there are another 12 rounds played and the game is over. If no one won outright, points are scored and the one with the highest is the total. Games can end in a tie (for now.)

The math is telling me something similar. 12 rounds in the pointless game, = (about) 3 rounds in the GP version.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:15 pm

I think the 12 rounds is the right number. 15 would be too many and 10 would be too few.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:34 pm

Auspicious too.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:12 pm

Mike: Everything about this feels more intuitive to me. I look forward to hearing about how it works!
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:15 pm

In addition to the GP cards, Mike, there are some "until the refresh phase" cards that will need to be changed to something else, they won't last long enough to be useful otherwise.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:15 am

Something like each TMP, slide down by 1. Remove when reaches 0.

Slider starts at 3 or 2, since that's how long between refreshes generally are.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:23 am

"If this card is in play at the start of your turn, discard it."

Or: "Place 3 counters on this card. Remove 1 counter each time you start a turn. If this card has zero counters on it, discard it."
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:27 pm

A counter track saves on tokens, and could look slick on the card, but causes problems if the card gets bumped or jostled.

Tokens can be replaced easily if they get bumped, and there's something satisfying (to me) as you pluck it off the card.

Hmm.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:35 pm

Sorry. Was thinking of edge clip.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:39 pm

Return to “Godball”