Episode 6- Dom Toretto

Show off your creative endeavors: photography, stories, podcasts, painting, drawing, comics, poetry, sculpture, videos, ANYTHING. If you made it and you're proud of it, display it here. If you've got something to plug, do it here. We wanna see what you got!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Episode 6- Dom Toretto

Postby Kyle » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:30 am

has been released, where me and Max discuss Dom Toretto– the character you’ve been waiting for! They have a good discussion about an alternate universe where Brian and Dom are the main love story, and conclude with a punishment that leaves Kyle in a… sticky situation.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: Episode 6- Dom Toretto

Postby Kyle » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:15 pm

I think Max has improved a lot. He still gets flustered as he's trying to figure out what I'm hinting at with my questions, but he's much more conversational. I was happy with his performance.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:29 pm

If you don't already, have Gabe or Ava prep him for a few minutes before the show, just talking to him about his character for the week. It doesn't have to be anything specific, just talking about what they remember about the character and what they'd want to say if it were their episode. That way, it'll be fresh in Max's mind, and he might be more relaxed on mic. He seems worried that he's going to give the wrong answer, whereas Gabe and Ava are both old enough and confident enough that they're willing to run with a line of bullshit and make it entertaining. If it's not what you were looking for, then they'll adapt and adjust. Max doesn't have that skill or confidence yet.

For what it's worth, I used to be really worried when Noah got on the mic, because he'd often completely miss where I was going and do something unrelated that was potentially factually wrong or just tedious or whatever, and so I worried about having to corral him. But with experience, he's gotten to where I can let him go a little more, and I don't sweat having him on. It helps that Noah gets most of my jokes now.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:31 pm

And I'm getting tired of you shutting me out. I had good questions, dammit. Although, maybe they're better suited to Gabe next week.

Good episode though. I can't believe Max laughed.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:13 pm

I've had Gabe sit down with him and listen to other episodes. But the problem is that if I do what you're suggesting right before the show, his nerves will get to him. I think he just needs to relax and be more comfortable-- as we all have-- but it just will take longer with him.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:29 pm

Or you could just replace him. I'm available.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Nerd Love (show off your stuff!)”