Episode 160 - Eli and Pi

All the podcasts and stuffs created by our awesome community!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Episode 160 - Eli and Pi

Postby Mike » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:02 am

Mike finally plays Magic the Gathering. Then he talks about Millennials for a bit and shares a story about how his son met Pi. R2 is ready with a whole load of brand-new listener-submitted questions on the Pod-O-Matic, including an all Queen FMK, what’s wrong with summoning in RPGs, how a 15-year-old discovered an ancient Mayan city, and so many more! Plus Mike rants about politics a couple times just to keep the podcast spicy. Your ears work hard for you, and you rarely do anything nice for them, so treat them to this podcast. Your ears will thank you.

Enjoy!

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Episode 160 - Eli and Pi

Postby Stan » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:28 am

re: MtG, DMDarcs pointed out to me a cheap way to play. On Amazon and elsewhere, you can get ~1000 commons for $10-$15. A while ago, me and the boy got one of those and a box of 300 land for $4. Some game stores sell commons for super cheap if you are seeking a particular common. There are also pauper leagues where only commons are allowed. Doing this will allow you to play around deck building (which as at least as important as actual play) and see what all the colors do.

There is still the time sink issue. It takes time to learn all the cards plus all the sorting and building. We played a dozen games and had fun. Then we set it aside for other nerdy things. We might come back to it at some point though.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:09 am

I have bought about 40 bucks worth of cards one starter set from a game store and a large box from wal-mart. Haven't been able to sit down to learn the game, but AI am going to give it a chance. I tried to sell them back at dragoncon, but they wouldn't give me even a fraction of retail even though they were mint unopened packages.

If it bombs out for me you can have my cards.

I did find a couple THOUSAND podcasts about MtG and one or two were helpful.

The "two headed giant" thing sounds pretty fun as well as the game where you each buy a fresh pack and open it to play with only those cards at the table.

I am probably going to get some playmats for use in all my card games.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:28 am

When I was listening, the podcast hit the 43:00 mark just as Mike answered #43 from the pod-o-matic. Creepy.
Reel on a repeating loop

Return to “Nerd Pride Network”