Episode 158 - Science Circus

All the podcasts and stuffs created by our awesome community!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Episode 158 - Science Circus

Postby Mike » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:55 am

Mike is joined by a brand-new co-host--his nephew Caleb! They talk about Rhys Thomas’s Science Circus, plus some history, looking at Victor Hugo Green and the Negro Motorist’s Green Book from the days of segregation. Then R2 gives Caleb is first set of Pod-O-Matics, dishing up listener-submitted questions about RPGs sans combat, a couple of tough FMKs, why wood won’t melt, and a bunch of other cool stuff. Truly, Nerd Pride Radio is the podcast of champions! Download it now!

Enjoy!

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Episode 158 - Science Circus

Postby Mike » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:12 am

This sucks. I tried something new last night. I wanted to go to bed early, so I set up the new episode to just post itself to the feed at a little after midnight. And it did it, and I've double checked and everything looks correct and went right on time, and yet... it's not showing up on my phone. Just not there.

This issue with the feed has happened twice before, so I'm imagining that it's just coincidence that it happened at the same time that I set up the delayed post, but dammit it's frustrating.

I'm working on fixing it now.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:27 am

'Bout time.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby akiva » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:45 pm

A note about the number 158--Mia Hamm no longer holds the record for most goals in international games. She's been passed by Abby Wambach, who got 184.
Reel on a repeating loop
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:21 pm

Remind me of that in 26 episodes.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:46 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:21 pm

No! Please... help me out. Save me all of that grueling research.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:02 am

This podcast serves to confirm what I already suggested. Mike needs 2 mics...supported from swing arms. :deadhorse:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:18 am

I have no place to mount swing arms. But yes, I need a 2nd mic... $23. That's not a problem. More problematic is finding and purchasing a mixer that will work with those mics and my software and that I can figure out.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:37 pm

I did a bunch of reading on sundown towns awhile back. There was a website where you could look up towns and cities by state to see if they were sundown towns. And that's how I found out some shady stuff about the town I grew up in: the website had a story from the town newspaper from the very early 1900's, bragging about how they had chased the last black family out of town. Some of the things about the town that creeped me out as a kid started to make much more sense.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:00 pm

BTW, no hard feelings about the Pod-O-Matic FMK; I knew as soon as you read the question that I would be the one to get killed. Ce la vie!
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:26 pm

Mike got so flustered during that FMK, it was hilarious.

Kyle, you are evil, but as it was for our amusement....I'll let it slide :twisted:
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:33 pm

I'll pick the ceremony music, Mike, but you handle the reception playlist. Sound good?
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:56 pm

I don't know if I'm up for.a big wedding.

Return to “Nerd Pride Network”