The Silence Between: Music Recommendations

DMDarcs

Re: The Silence Between: Music Recommendations

Post by DMDarcs »

This song was stuck in my head first thing as I woke up. And I think this is one of the most inspiring, empowering songs to exist.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Ha, I missed this before but it's adorable. Damn right people need a cheering section for trying and failing!
All of my non internet friends are deeply obsessed with Chappell Roan, apparently much like the rest of the world, so I'm investigating and will report back.
Akiva

Post by Akiva »

Who told him that it mattered?
Who told him anyone cares?
He's got an overgrown sense of his own importance

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Love it! I am down this particular atmospheric yet boppy rabbit hole and it's great!

Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Apologies if I have posted this before but the entire world has suddenly decided this is the best thing in the world! I don't think it's the best thing on the earth, by quite some margin, but it's pretty darn good:

Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I don't know if I realized this already and forgot, due to some sort of brain deterioration or damage, or if today actually is the first day I figured out that Miguel in this song is the Miguel in other songs! Miguel apparently has been around forever but I was not fully cognizant. I had classified this somehow as a song related to Spider-Man movies. I don't even know if that's true.

Mando

Post by Mando »

"Yay! I'm for the other team."
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

Dammit Mando, with the feels.
Mando

Post by Mando »

DMDarcs wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:34 pm Dammit Mando, with the feels.
I keep it on repeat..
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I have been listening to this on the radio for a while now, and whenever my kids were in the car they would bust out the Macarena and I was like, oh, y'all just doing the macarena to this huh? They said no, it's more like the YMCA. I said okay, YMCA, macarena, it all works. Today I find out there's a specific reason they're doing this! In the video!

I was concerned about the overall wholesomeness of this music, but here in September of 2024 we have finally reached the place where I think I've given up on caring about wholesomeness. I really did put a big effort into it for much of the lives of these children. I didn't feel like they should be exposed to certain things prior to the explanation and context. Some things just sounded rude coming out of the mouth of a toddler... (I didn't teach her those AC/DC lyrics, they picked it up at preschool, no lie!) But now they're old enough and past the point where I just give up. I yield. There's nothing they haven't heard something about, probably, and they're telling me things I've never heard, so... My baby child was on the video game chat earlier mocking his friends for saying the F word when they died... It's like he came full circle and is now a small adult who mockingly corrects the potty mouth of the other kids. I'm tired, I'm done working. Also this is pretty harmless, even the grandparents are in on it:

DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

Mando

Post by Mando »

That was refreshing!
It also reminds me that its that time of year again...when we enjoy our FAVORITE SPORT:
Marching Band Season!

I dug up a clip from my daughter's 2017 marching band season.

Ah the memories...

Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Marching band season is one of my favorite sports too! Very pleasant video. I'm hopeful that this year we will get a good performance... I haven't seen much of the finished product yet due to work.

I'm posting this as a reminder that I have another karaoke song. Don't forget about this when the moment comes. Yes it's bon Jovi and yes it's motley Crue but it's also this. I've never done karaoke before and I have to train my voice because people keep threatening to assemble at a karaoke place. I cannot sing, at all. But I feel like I'm going to make up for that with Positive Mental Attitude: