Pete Davidson

Phoebe

Pete Davidson

Post by Phoebe »

The phone being the type of thing it is, I get a whole list of information about terrible things going on in the world. Terrible terrible things are happening. I'm trying to make sense of all of it. But equally important to my phone is that I understand a candidate to whom I once gave $25 is having a phone bank tonight and I need to put it on my calendar. WTF? No. Just because you're on somebody's list doesn't mean they should be able to put a push notification through that looks for all the world like an official event you already agreed to, and turns out to be a bunch of idiots trying to get you to call on behalf of the campaign. Bad form, because otherwise I probably would have helped you at some point and now I really don't feel like it anymore.

Anyway, The other thing my phone sees fit to tell me all about is Pete Davidson. I know Pete Davidson almost exclusively as a tattooed man who appears on SNL and has dated a woman who has a really wretched nails on a chalkboard singing voice. This is the extent of my concern for the man. I don't look into him. I do not find him attractive or interesting. Trust that when I do find such a person in the celebrity world *ahem* Lee Min-ho the phone should be perfectly acquainted with how that's going. The phone should have a pretty damn specific idea about my tastes at this point and I am not seeing that Pete Davidson looks even a scrap like the King of all TV acting. So why? Why? Why do I need to know that he has plans to go into space, apparently for free as opposed to like the other paying customers? I know this only from the headlines I am given. I know that he has Kim's name branded into his body with a branding iron. I know that he has tattooed her status as a lawyer onto his body even though that woman is not a goddamn lawyer at all. Maybe someday but not today! So what the hell phone?? What the hell world?? I get that you want to give me a diversion from the bombings of hospitals and schools and babies and whatnot, but why is this it??
Mike

Re: Pete Davidson

Post by Mike »

I think Pete's funny. I like his stand up. I've enjoyed some of the stuff he's done on SNL. I haven't seen his movie.

Judging the man purely on appearance, I think he's gross. I don't get the appeal. I'm still baffled by the whole Arianna Grande thing. I get that lots of people don't like her, but it doesn't change the fact that she's a beautiful, A-list, diva-tier pop star who somehow dated Pete Davidson for an extended period of time.

I don't know much of anything about the Kardashians, but this Kim thing seems like an odd mismatch as well.

I only know him from his comedy, and he projects an image of a guy who comes off as a crude asshole but actually has a big heart underneath. But my gut tells me that's probably backwards. He cultivates this secret nice guy image but the balance is probably leaning well towards asshole.

But again, I'm weaving these stories in my head from the flimsiest of base knowledge.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
poorpete

Post by poorpete »

I'm guessing everyone's getting these articles, and this thread is proof that the internet knows people like talking about him. Or maybe not like, but they talk about him. The annoying fact is, I wanted to hear your take on Pete. Curiosity feeds the algorithm.

He's could be a whole Family Feud round at this point. Pete Davidson is most famous for

His dating life - 42
His tattoos - 25
His comedy work -17
His anatomy - 11
His singing voice - 2
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Y'all- there's got to be something about him. I'm guessing he's actually a sweet, funny guy. But I'm guessing he's also self-destructive.

But y'all are forgetting the long list of celebrity daughters that he's dated:
Cazzie David (daughter of Larry David)
Margaret Qually (star of Maid and daughter of Andie McDowell)
Kaia Gerber (actress in American Horror Story and daughter of Cindy Crawford)

He's also dated Phoebe Dynefor- the star of Bridgerton (apparently he does well with lead actresses in hit Netflix shows)

And here's the one that mystifies me:

Kate Beckinsale? Wha... What? Wait. What?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Wait. What?
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Mike wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:54 pmWait. What?
I posted a picture of Pete and... hold on... wait a minute. Wait. What?
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

My subtlest expert analysis: Big D and desire to have status / be more famous via his GFs. Ugh. I just want him OFF my phone. I don't look into the man so the algorithm needs to do better. In comparison, I get only the occasional notice about Pachinko, which I can't even see despite the fact that it stars Lee Min Ho because I don't have that type of TV access. All I know is the show is getting rave reviews and there should be clips and there should be interviews and there should be all kinds of things but I have to look it up for myself. Number of times I have sought out information about Kim Kardashian's boyfriend? ZERO! Number of times I have sought out information about Lee Min Ho? I don't feel at liberty to disclose that kind of information here. I have rights against self-incrimination. However, I will say that on a significant subset of these occasions I have burst into helpless tears from the sheer agony of his beauty level. Explain that, algorithm generators!
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

My phone now has helpfully informed me that Pete Davidson is not going to space.
Mike

Post by Mike »

By typing the words "pete davidson" into your phone (or by saying the words out loud), you are teaching your phone that you just can't get enough of that sweet sweet Pete Davidson news.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

That's the prevailing thought about how the algorithm works, but I have questions. If I were really getting news about the things I type into Google or that I pay attention to or talk about on my phone, the list would look radically different, wouldn't it? Everyday I have to deliberately look up specific areas of certain news websites, because I never get any notifications or suggestions related to international news. Once in a while I get some crack pot thing about stocks, but despite the fact that I look up information about financial news and the stock market all the time, I get nothing on that. I look up Bible verses and I get nothing about Christianity. And despite supposedly being the kind of person who wants to look up Bible verses, to be honest, I probably spend just as much time searching for information about Lee Min Ho and I get little about that. It annoys me. The whole thing feels like a marketing scam like it always has.