Eliahad

[W&W] Breakfast of Champions - Round 4

Post by Eliahad »

Just over the halfway point and here are the scores:

Tahlvin - 98 points
Mike - 32 points
Kyle - 0 points
Phoebe - 0 points

There's still a little bit of time to make up some ground. And we still have to see if Tahlvin understands the madness of humanity...or if they're just really lucky.

Next up!

I was going to search "Lucky Charms" on Ebay. Going to, because as I was searching the words, "Lucky Charms Marshmallows Only" auto-populated into my search bar. So I instead searched "Cereal Marshmallows" and I found:

"By The Cup Assorted Dehydrated Cereal Marshmallow Bits 3 lb bulk bag"

Even though I'm not sure we need the listing...because it's 3 pounds of teeth burning awesomeness, the seller has this to say about their marfmallows.

Description:
Cereal marshmallows are the best. But getting them typically requires sorting through a lot of healthy nonsense like toasted oats, grains, and fiber. Not any more. These sweet and tasty little marshmallows are just like the ones you find in cereal-except that they're already separated! Just open the bag and pour pure awesome onto your favorite cereal! Add to your favorite Desserts, Snacks, Toppings, Fruit and Gelatin Salads, Hot Beverages, Crisped Rice Treats, Frozen Desserts, Cake Frosting Mixes, Cereal Bars, Ice Cream, Pudding, Brownies, Cookies, Layered Bars, Ready-To-Eat Cereal, Granola or No-Bake Cheesecakes. The same marshmallows as Crunchmallows.

Features:

1 - 3 pound bag Assorted Dehydrated Cereal Marshmallow Bits
Sweet; tasty; crunchy; Just like the marshmallows in cereal
Fat-Free; Colorful
Makes a great addition to your favorite Cereal, Cocoa, Rice Crispy Treats, Snacks, Desserts, Jello and much more
Marshmallow dust may accumulate during shipping

I will point out that it is not a 1 to 3 pound bag, but just a single 3 pound bag. Keeping in mind that a dehydrated marshmallow weighs less than 0 pounds, this 3 pound bag must be about 152 gallons of marshmallows. Also, there is a 1.5 bag of marshmallows that is more expensive than this 3 pound bag, as it is not a 3 pound bag of marshmallows, the most expensive listing does not apply in this case.

Please PM me your guesses for 1 football stadium's worth of marshmallows. Also known as: "By The Cup Assorted Dehydrated Cereal Marshmallow Bits 3 lb bulk bag"

All the goodness, none of the crap.
Eliahad

Re: [W&W] Breakfast of Champions - Round 4

Post by Eliahad »

Guesses are in. I'll post up when I get a free moment.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Alright! Here we go:

4 to 1 - $48.12 (Kyle)
3 to 1 - $41.60 (Mike)
3 to 1 - $26.52 (Tahlvin)
4 to 1 - $13.99 (Phoebe)
6 to 1 - LOWER

You all clearly have an appreciation for the good stuff. The stuff that says "live a little.". The stuff that says, "Fiber is for when you're dead.". Or even, "Lucky Charms - Kibble = YOLO.". If you've ever said YOLO. I somehow feel dirty now just typing those four little letters. Twice.

But! Let's see those Wagers for "By The Cup Assorted Dehydrated Cereal Marshmallow Bits 3 lb bulk bag!"

Remember, you only get 2 Wagers, but you can add those points.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Both chips on 13.99.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

1 chip and 10 points on 13.99. Same on 26.52.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Both chips and 17 points on $26.52.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I'm torn between what I guessed and something lower, so I guess I should put one chip each on $13.99 and Lower.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Changing my bet. Both chips on lower.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

The wagers are in!

Kyle - 2 chips on Lower
Phoebe - 1 on $13.99; 1 on lower
Mike - 2 chips and 17 on $26.52
Tahlvin - 1 chip and 10 on $13.99; 1 chip and 10 on $26.52

And...the Buy It Now price for "By The Cup Assorted Dehydrated Cereal Marshmallow Bits 3 lb bulk bag" is...

$31.01!!!

Mike scores 57 points!
Tahlvin scores 33 points and loses 10!
Phoebe scores 0 points.
Kyle scores 0 points.

The current point totals are:

Tahlvin - 121 points
Mike - 89 points
Kyle - 0 points
Phoebe - 0 points

Do you know what I've learned about Mike and Tahlvin? They're reallllly good at guessing these things.
Do you know what I've learned about Kyle and Phoebe? They have faith and hope in humanity.
Do you know what I've learned about myself? I shouldn't start a new game in the weeks before a wedding.

New round up tomorrow morning!
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

The problem for me is that once you go down by as much as I have, and you're dealing with people that can bully you with their chips (like in poker), you have to take risks if you want to get back into the game. But of course, riskier play more often leads to losses.

Also, I suck at guessing at things. Example: I don't know Tahlvin's wife's name, but I'm going to make an educated guess about everything I've learned about him over the past 18+ years I've known him. Petunia. AM I RIGHT? DID I GET IT?
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

If she is named petunia I will give you all of my chips.