Paizo Issues

Tahlvin

Paizo Issues

Post by Tahlvin »

There seem to be some issues going on at Paizo: https://www.enworld.org/threads/jessica ... ns.682682/
Eliahad

Re: Paizo Issues

Post by Eliahad »

Blech, do not like. I've been a fan of Paizo's creators, but not necessarily their business model. (Subscribe! You don't get anything for it except that we bill and ship things automatically!) And now their management (appears) to be kind of slimy, too. Which seems weird because their products are inclusive and progressive.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I got to the word "theosophy" and ??? I need to read that one after sleep.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I’m an old man- I can’t do long reads in tweet format. Particularly when it’s stripped of context and presented as just a bunch of short sentences that jump around and seem to refer to things I’m unaware of.

I’ll take your word for it. I never need to buy another Paizo product anyways as I’ve already purchased nearly all the books for PFRPG and have close to ten complete adventure arcs.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

It sounds like there are various bad actors in this company, but I don't see the evidence that there are radically more of them than we would find in other large companies. Did the company deal with their problems appropriately? Maybe not. Maybe there's bad management. But the person writing this complaint also seems like a very unreliable narrator, to put it gently. I cannot imagine having to work on any project or team with this person. The complaint about theosophy, as suspected, turned out to be one illustration of why this person is not one I'd go to for an objective assessment of what's happening in the company or with specific employees. Also the whole thing about the vacuuming was a weird story. You tried to vacuum but it broke your vacuum, because...? Very odd.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

I've seen some comments indicating some of the stuff is true, some of it isn't. There's definitely a bit of a disgruntled employee with an agenda vibe about some of it. But there's also a definite "where there's smoke there's fire" vibe, so something seems to be off. I have a couple subscriptions with them for 2nd edition stuff that I've already been considering dropping, because I really only want the PDFs and not the physical copies. Unfortunately, we're halfway through an adventure path right now, so canceling the subscription now would leave me with only part of the path. I'm thinking I'll cancel all subscriptions except the adventure path, then cancel that one after the current adventure path completes. I may still buy PDFs of the various books, but I'll see how some things settle from this little dust up.