67%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
33%

Total votes: 6
Kyle

[MCU] #14 Iron Man 3 vs. #19 The Incredible Hulk

Post by Kyle »

#14 Iron Man 3 (2013)
When Tony Stark's world is torn apart by a formidable terrorist called the Mandarin, he starts an odyssey of rebuilding and retribution.
#19 The Incredible Hulk (2008)
Bruce Banner, a scientist on the run from the U.S. Government, must find a cure for the monster he turns into whenever he loses his temper.
Mike

Re: [MCU] #14 Iron Man 3 vs. #19 The Incredible Hulk

Post by Mike »

I didn t much enjoy Hulk. And as much as I can't stand IM3, I would still watch it before Hulk, because at least it was fun.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
poorpete

Post by poorpete »

The Incredible Hulk is in this weird purgatory, between the original 'Hulk' which is hated (I like it) and the future ruffalo'd Hulk (which I like). My grumpiness at them remaking and recasting an origin story, the Spider-men also comes to mind, so quickly ALWAYS makes me grumpy. Grumpy. GRUMPY!!!

PETE SULK!!
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

Bias warning: I have not seen all of Incredible Hulk. I have the seen the vast majority of the film, but not all of the final fight between Hulk and Abomination. I'm sure there is a lot of executive meddling reasons for this, but it seems like it's left out of the MCU canon. There's a throwaway line in Avengers about Hulk being in NY, and Abomination is coming back in Shang-Chi, and I guess there's a poster in Ant-Man from the bottling plant at the beginning of the Hulk. But it seems like it hasn't really been thought of as part of the "real" canon - kind of in a weird, nebulous place like Agents of SHIELD and Peggy Carter were until recently.

Iron Man 3 is nice because of the depiction of PTSD, but there are a lot of things that don't make much sense. And there's too many Iron Man suits at the end. They all got destroyed, right? Trying to figure out how Armor Wars is now going to be set up.

In the end, my vote probably isn't going to surive the next round.