57%
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
43%

Total votes: 7
Kyle

[MCU] #13 Spider-Man: Far From Home vs. #20 Avengers Age of Ultron

Post by Kyle »

#13 Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)-
Following the events of Avengers: Endgame (2019), Spider-Man must step up to take on new threats in a world that has changed forever.

#20 Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)-
When Tony Stark and Bruce Banner try to jump-start a dormant peacekeeping program called Ultron, things go horribly wrong and it's up to Earth's mightiest heroes to stop the villainous Ultron from enacting his terrible plan.
poorpete

Re: [MCU] #13 Spider-Man: Far From Home vs. #20 Avengers Age of Ultron

Post by poorpete »

Haven't seen either so basing this all on the information given. Spider-man has three women above the title vs. 1 for Age of Ultron, but none are on the poster. Meanwhile it's comical how small Johansson is and seemingly off the eye line. 2015 and they still seemed unsure that they needed to represent half of America's gender and most of the world's races.
Stan

Post by Stan »

It seems everybody loves to hate Age of Ultron. It's flawed but it had its moments. Without it, we never would have had Wanda Vision.
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

This one is what I am anticipating to be one of the most difficult match-ups. Neither one is what I would call one of the stand out films in the franchise. The probably of the winner of this round being knocked out in the next for me is very high. So I have to take a look at what the films offer in terms of my enjoyment.

Spider-Man: Far From Home has the really cool fight with Mysterio. I could care less about any of the fights with the elementals. The Nick Fury/skrull aspect ss also neat, but I can't really judge a movie just based on a post-credits scene. I think more could have been done with Peter's processing of grief. Nothing really seems to advance the overall story until Jonah's revelation in the last few seconds.

Age of Ultron. I've seen this one more times that Far from Home, and I have to admit that I have difficulty remembering what even happened in this movie. There are a good number of scenes. We see Natasha and Bruce's interesting romance. The gags around who is able to lift Mjolnir are great. THe introduction of Wanda and Vision But I had difficulty remembering why Ultron was doing anything. I had to check the plot summary on Wikipediia. I completly forgot about the whole storyline with Klauss, which should have been important, as he's one of the few villains that shows up in multiplse storylines.I wasn't sure if this was the one where the etnirety of the Avengers endanger's Hawkeye's family (at his insistence) or not, but it had to be, because of Natasha and Bruce in the bathroom. There's a lot of setup for later events - where Hulk disappears to, why Thor is absent until Ragnarok, introducing Wanda and Vision and making Rhods and Falcon Avengers - but for the life of me I can't remember the story.
Stan

Post by Stan »

Far from Home had some cute non-supers moments. The two leads have good chemistry. And the Happy/Aunt May thing is cute.

The new spider-man movies are the first time that I've found myself attracted to Aunt May. I'm not sure how to feel about that.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Along the lines of DMDarcs, for me it was which one I enjoyed most. I enjoy the MCU Spider-Man movies, and they have a vibe of some of the early Ironman/Captain America movies. After the first Avenger film, most of the other Avenger films were just so-so for me. They advanced a multi-movie storyline, had big action sequences, but generally had too much going on with too many characters for me to really get into them. So in general, if it's a full Avengers movie against a single-hero MCU film, the single-hero film will get my vote.