57%
Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 (2017)
43%

Total votes: 7
Kyle

[MCU] #8 Black Panther vs. #9 Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2

Post by Kyle »

#8 Black Panther (2018)
T'Challa, heir to the hidden but advanced kingdom of Wakanda, must step forward to lead his people into a new future and must confront a challenger from his country's past.
#9 Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 (2017)
The Guardians struggle to keep together as a team while dealing with their personal family issues, notably Star-Lord's encounter with his father the ambitious celestial being Ego.
poorpete

Re: [MCU] #8 Black Panther vs. #9 Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2

Post by poorpete »

One is fun and goofy, from what I saw of the original and pieces of the sequel. The other a cultural milestone, entertaining and thoughtful, that shattered box office records all over Africa.
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

I picked Guardians 2. Black Panther is an amazing movie, neat fight scenes, amazing attention and respect to cultures of Africa, and one of my favorite ambigious characters in M'Batu. Killmonger is probably the most developed villain. But I picked Guardians 2 because after 10 or so viewings, I still cry at the end. It emotionally impacted me more.
poorpete

Post by poorpete »

Fun fact: we average like 5 Guardians views. I should give it a full try, I admit.

I've seen a bunch of people post on social media stuff like

"tfw" or "where where you when" you found out Killmonger was right all along.

I feel it just proves how dull most villains are, that everyone grows up on good or evil with no inbetween. The best bad guys show have at least a little bit of humanity or a good idea that they are hyperfocused on to the detriment of others. The bad guys in The Incredibles series are similar. They are bad, we are happy when they lose, but they have a point, and Bird is happy to give their points their due. This sometimes confuses viewers into thinking Bird actually believes their points, but I'm not so sure. But anyways agree that Killmonger is a great villains and YEAH you better believe he has some excellent points. The recent Falcon & Winter Soldier series had this too. Or Doc Ock in Spider-man 2. And often the hero has to win by pointing out what the villain got right and where they went wrong (usually the execution of their plan). Shade those villains!