86%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
14%

Total votes: 7
Kyle

[MCU] #10 Captain Marvel vs. #23 Thor: The Dark World

Post by Kyle »

#10 Captain Marvel (2019)
Carol Danvers becomes one of the universe's most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races.
#23 Thor: The Dark World (2013)
When the Dark Elves attempt to plunge the universe into darkness, Thor must embark on a perilous and personal journey that will reunite him with doctor Jane Foster.
DMDarcs

Re: [MCU] #10 Captain Marvel vs. #23 Thor: The Dark World

Post by DMDarcs »

Thor: The Dark World is one of the most under-appreciated MCU movies. That's because it isn't really that good.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Captain Marvel was flawed, but it was awesome fun.

Thor2 was likely my least favorite MCU film.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Stan

Post by Stan »

Dark World had some ideas that were almost there but it was such a jumbled mess of big, meaningless scenes that you'd think it was directed by JJ Abrams.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I'm reluctant to comment on these polls because I don't want to influence the voting, but Dark World is, in my opinion, leaps and bounds the worst MCU movie. It was such an incoherent mess. There's a huge gap- for me- between it and the next-worst movie.
poorpete

Post by poorpete »

I have this issue too when it comes to commenting on polls that I set up, because I feel I already had a say kinda in the way I set up who played who and who was listed first, little tiny things I do to slightly influence the vote. If there's a song I really like, I may put it first, because people think that first means the assumed leader. But if there's like four options, I may put my favorite second, because with more choices there's a benefit to being the second on a list, aka first comparison.

Anyhow, given how few films we're dealing with, I think it's totally appropriate for you to give your opinion. I sometimes give mine anyways :-)

Haven't seen Dark World, all I know it's from the era of Thor where Hemsworth was kinda bored of the role, right? Captain Marvel was a bit of fun -- no matter the small issues I have, like isn't she too powerful for their to be stakes when she fights?
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

Kyle wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:39 pm I'm reluctant to comment on these polls because I don't want to influence the voting, but Dark World is, in my opinion, leaps and bounds the worst MCU movie. It was such an incoherent mess. There's a huge gap- for me- between it and the next-worst movie.
I think you can comment. If an opinion is such that it gets swayed by anyone else, than that opinion may not have been as sound as thought originally. Plus you've already influenced with your seeding.

I think all you need to know about the plot of Dark World can be summed up by Fat Thor's attempted explanation of the plot in Endgame.