100%
Ant Man and the Wasp
No votes

Total votes: 6
Kyle

[MCU]#12 Doctor Strange vs. #21 Ant Man and the Wasp

Post by Kyle »

#12 Doctor Strange (2016):
While on a journey of physical and spiritual healing, a brilliant neurosurgeon is drawn into the world of the mystic arts.

#21 Ant Man and the Wasp (2018):
As Scott Lang balances being both a superhero and a father, Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym present an urgent new mission that finds the Ant-Man fighting alongside The Wasp to uncover secrets from their past.
poorpete

Re: [MCU]#12 Doctor Strange vs. #21 Ant Man and the Wasp

Post by poorpete »

Do you like portals or minatures?
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I mean, I like both?
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

This was a close one for me. Between these two, I prefer Dr. Strange. Pit him against the first Ant-Man movie, and I'd probably pick that one over him.
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

I'm sorry, but this one is a Dr. Strange slam dunk. Ant-Man and the Wasp is definitely a lower tier MCU movie. I like the callbacks to Black Goliath, I like the real villain is actually a villain. Michell Pfeiffer's magical quantum powers are a stupid silver bullet for the end. The only necessary part of the movie for understanding the MCU movie franchise is the post-credits scene. If you want to expand to the TV portion, I suppose the interaction with Jimmy Wu at the beginning revealing close-up magic is a minor point. The Dr. Strange visuals are amazing. The final confrontation is clever. The fight scenes are certainly more interesting, particularly when dealing in other dimensions.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Never apologize for your opinions.

Unless you’re a nazi- those guys should apologize. And the Trump family. They have a lot to apologize for.

Okay, I take it back. Sometimes you should apologize for your opinions. But you shouldn’t apologize for these opinions, Darcs.
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

I apologize because the Ant-Man movies get dunked on con sistantly THey are delightful movies, but get little love or respect. The events that take plac ein these movies don't ultimately matter much in the grand scheme of things. The big villain plans aren't world altering events. But osmetimes smaller stakes and more humor is what you need.