Godball: The Print and Play

Eliahad

Godball: The Print and Play

Post by Eliahad »

Hey everyone! It's been a while since Godball last had a Print and Play edition. That's because when Mike and I took the game to GenCon the feedback we received caused us to extensively rework, and rewrite, the old game. But it's back, and sleeker than ever.

Link to the Print and Play Folder

The game has tightened up considerably from where it was 2 years ago. And now has a new, diverse cast of Gods with much, much stronger personalities than they used to. It's a better game. But it's not done yet.

We need help! So if you have the time, and the inclination, take a look through the rulebook. We need to balance and tweak all these decks, plus throw in a few more for good measure.

So, if you've got some time to kill on a weekend, we've got a way for you to do exactly that...
Mike

Re: Godball: The Print and Play

Post by Mike »

What he said!

Seriously, the rules are pretty solid at this point, but we need to play test the hell out of these cards to see what's overpowered, what's underpowered,what combos break the game, etc.

We're hoping to have six to eight gods in the final set, and thateans every god has to meet every other God in completion in our playtests, and they have to do it dozens of times to get enough data. We can't do it alone. Please help!
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Happy to do a little printing and playing but how would you like us to collect the data? Any special instructions for what you want reported on?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Just tell us what worked for you and what didn't. Especially cards, if you think a particular card was awkward or useless, or at the other end, idea card felt too powerful or too hard to overcome.

Especially, any places where there was confusion in how to play something and no obvious guidance provided by the rules.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Has the board changed from the one you sent me?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Yes. It has. The goal areas have moved to the back walls. The pillars are now permanent, unmovable fixtures that also act as goal markers. There is no Mount Olympus. And there is a gold ring that divides the infield from the outfield. And it's green.

It's the same size and same hexes, but the markings are very different.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

The Print and Play does indeed print!

... But the photo did not share... I try again.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Looking good, Billy Ray!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Feeling good, Louis!
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Aw, thanks guys.

Re: the game board. There is a black and white (and gold ring) version that leaves off the Astral-Turf™ background so it's a little more printer friendly.