[W&W] Breakfast of Champions - Round 2

Eliahad

[W&W] Breakfast of Champions - Round 2

Post by Eliahad »

After 1 Round our scores are:

Tahlvin - 12
Mike - 6
Kyle - 0

But Kyle isn't out of it yet. Everyone always gets 2 free wagers, and -- as Tahlvin has proved -- you can score a boatload of points in one round. But T and Mike get an advantage in that they can boost their wagers with their point stash. Get it right, score huge numbers of points. Get it wrong? Plummet back to earth.

Let's do this!

In honor of Independence Day, I searched "Patriotic Breakfast" on Ebay. Right at the top was "My Patriot Supply 3 Month Emergency Food, Breakfast, Drinks, Dinner, Snacks." Because nothing says patriotic like making sure that your bunker is well stocked.

The listing says:

My Patriot Supply is Americas favorite emergency food supply company. This 3 month pack weighs 120LBS and has 6 x 12" buckets of food. The meals are not only in sturdy sealed totes they are also in heavy-duty 4 layer pouches each with its own individual oxygen absorber. Easy to prepare meals. these meals are loaded with calories, the thing your body needs to create energy.

Meals included:

Mac & Cheese, Travelers Stew, Creamy Stroganoff, Homestyle Potato Soup, Cheesy Broccoli Soup, Black Bean Soup, Creamy Alfredo Pasta, Chili Mac, Spaghetti, Creamy Chicken Flavored Rice, Southwest Rice, Long Grain White Rice, Mashed Potatoes, Mushroom Rice Pilaf, Buttermilk Pancakes, Maple Grove Oatmeal, Strawberry Flavored Creamy Wheat, Chocolate Pudding, Orange Drink Mix, Banana Chips, Powdered Whey Milk.

Free shipping in continental USA

I know that I want to enter the apocalypse in style. I'm sure that you do, too.

PM your guesses for the Buy It Now Price for "My Patriot Supply 3 Month Emergency Food, Breakfast, Drinks, Dinner, Snacks."!
Eliahad

Re: [W&W] Breakfast of Champions - Round 2

Post by Eliahad »

Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

OK so I should not POST my guess but PM it, and then when it comes time to "wager" we can post the wager here?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Yes!
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Phoebe wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:21 am OK so I should not POST my guess but PM it, and then when it comes time to "wager" we can post the wager here?
That is correct! Hooray!

Also! New rule: Once I have posted up the odds, I will wait at least 24 hours after getting all the wagers. If you want to change your wager in that time frame, you are allowed to do so.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Good call.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Alright folks! New contestant Phoebe has entered the fray! Welcome Phoebe! Anyone else who would like to join in is free to do so. You do not need to guess to wager! But the more people who guess, the more opportunities to score points!

Here are the odds for "My Patriot Supply 3 Month Emergency Food, Breakfast, Drinks, Dinner, Snacks." And this one has quite the spread.

4 to 1 - $1,299.21 (Kyle)
3 to 1 - $1,200.00 (Tahlvin)
3 to 1 - $599.99 (Phoebe)
4 to 1 - $399.99 (Mike)
6 to 1 - LOWER

You may wager points if you have them, but you still only get 2 wagers. If you would like to add any points to your wager chips, just say I'd like to "place my wager chip and 2 points on <blank>." That will count as one of your two wager chips, plus the 2 points -- effectively 3 "chips".

Or you could say, "I would like to place both wager chips and 2 points on <blank>."

You can't say, "I would like to place one wager chip on $1200.00, one wager chip on $599.99, and three points on $1,299.21." because that would be more than 2 wagers.

Those of you who have not yet scored points, you're still getting those 2 free chips.

Any points wagered on a wrong guess are lost.

So! After all of that. Who do you think was the closest, without going over, on "3 Months Panic Food! Very Patriotic!" I may have changed the last bit there. Wager publicly, please! You have 24 hours to change your wagers after the last person has guessed.
Mike

Post by Mike »

2 chips and 3 points on $599.99
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Both chips on 1,299.21 or higher.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Can I make the same wager as other people or does it have to be different?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Same if you want .
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

One chip on $1,299.21 or higher
One on $599.99
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

2 chips on $599.99.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

You have until tomorrow morning to think all the thoughts about your life choices and your wagers.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Does that mean we're all guessing wrongly and we should change? I can second-guess things that way I'm just going to have to stick with it the way it is. The worst is that I go from having no pennies to no pennies or whatever we're Counting
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I'm changing my bets. One on 1299.21 and one on 599.99
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Good morning, everyone!

Alright, the bets as I see them:

Kyle: 1 on $1299.21 and 1 on $599.99
Phoebe: 1 on $1299.21 and 1 on $599.99
Tahlvin: 2 on $599.99
Mike: 5 on $599.99

And if I swayed anyone with my comments yesterday, it's only because second guessing yourself is half of the game. Truthfully, I just didn't have time to reticulate the splines yesterday. But today, I'm raring to go.

So, the Buy It Now price of Mad Max Fury Road Food, Mac and Meeziest, Zombie-survivalin, bunker and gut busting: "My Patriot Supply 3 Month Emergency Food, Breakfast, Drinks, Dinner, Snacks," is....

$1,184.00! Meaning $599.99 was the winning guess.

Kyle scores 3 points!
Phoebe scores 3 points!
Tahlvin scores 6 points!
Mike scores 15 points!

Our point totals after 2 rounds are:

Mike - 21 points
Tahlvin - 18 points
Kyle - 3 points
Phoebe 3 points

Mike surges into the lead with Tahlvin right on his heels. Kyle and Phoebe are on the board!

Round 3 will be up later this morning!
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Man, my $1,200 guess was close, but just a bit over. I had been looking at some of that type of stuff back when we were going through the home remodel and didn't have access to a fully functional kitchen.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I intentionally lowballed my own guess, but I was sure it was going to be close to $600.

When it says 3 months of meals, does it mean just for one person (which is what I assumed)? So $4.50 per person per meal?
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

I'll go look.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

It does not specifically say. Looking at the picture, it seems like it's intended to create a meal for more than one person.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Research! The average survival food kit includes 7.6 servings per day for however many days they advertise. The average number of calories per serving is 185. So grand total, this kit provides you with 1400 calories per day. One person could survive on that for 90 days, but necessarily comfortably, especially if their new survival lifestyle involved any level of exertion.

If you want to provide a healthy 2,000 calories per day, then this is only 2 months worth of food... for one person... for $1200.